Jessica Pemby's Amazing Configuration

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
So you have Ashampoo AV but it's Realtime proctection is turned off? Also what are you using for "I have hard drives that back things up"? Also you might want to turn UAC back on as an extra layer of protection. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: toffee and Venustus

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
5HwqFne.jpg

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Your Browser didnt crash or get slow with all this addons? well done :D Why u have Ashampoo antimalware when u have turn Realtime Protection off?

Reactions: toffee
I

illumination

I will be the one to ask, do you actually use this thing, or do you just like playing with software/extensions? ;)
That is quite the load on the browser, surprised it does not cry out in mercy..

Your last infection was less then a month ago, and you run with realtime off as well as no UAC?

I would also like to point out, that is an amazing job remembering all those extensions and placing them in perfect alphabetical order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: toffee and Venustus

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Get rid of Ashampoo AV. Enable UAC,smartscreen and Windows 8 built in security.Much improved in Windows 8 and much better protection than Ashampoo AV.Although Ashampoo does offer some good programs I personally would rather stick with built in Security than Ashampoo AV.With an infection less than a month ago you might want to rethink your config.Get rid of most of the addons use default Windows 8 security and maybe add sandboxie.I do not know your browsing habits but with all those addons and recent infection I would browse sandboxed until you can lighten your config.
Thanks for sharing it :)

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
Don't hesitate! Go ahead! :D

"Current level of computer security knowledge and awareness: Advanced"
My level is only: Medium :confused:
But s/he has infection less than 1month ago.:D

4 download manager in an operating system?

Last edited:

xSploit

Level 1
Jul 7, 2012
Damn you, Jessica! Why so many add-ons!
Seriously, if I were you, I'd:
  • Perform a low-level format on my hard drive;
  • Start over a fresh Windows 8/8.1 installation, followed by some tweaks and updates;
  • Install my core/tier 3 trusted software (i.e AV, Software Hardener, Browser, etc...)
  • Configure security settings for maximum protection;
  • Install trusted add-ons (Such as: HTTPS Everywhere, Webutation, Adblock plus, etc...)

Reactions: MrExplorer

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Don't you feel any slowdown.

I would suggest to Enable UAC,
UAC - The best protection system ever for a home user.

Reactions: xSploit

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.