Battle Jetico Firewall, Private Firewall or Fort Knox Firewall

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i am thinking to use a firewall to create a custom security combo. I see private firewall are not development and that was the best firewall for me. Comodo dislike me and i dont know another. What about Jetico or Fort Knox? Are they good? Is reazonable continue to using private firewall?

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I don't like Jetico and about PF it is outdated but the last one is not bad(paid version).
I can say Glass wire is the best because of its easy to use and free of charge(if you want you can by a lifetime license for a good price)
Btw you can't block ips or hosts in Glass wire(they have plan to bring this feautre in the near future)
The free version dont ask you if smth wants to use(but show an alert)the internet but it is totally worth...good monitoring tools and also nice gui, free bug.
sorry for my English

Reactions: AtlBo

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
I don't know about PF don't like it (ugly GUI and outdated) but I think it's free(?!)
Glass wire is free you don't need to pay for the paid version you only get some bonus features with the paid(like scan your network and find the devices connected to your router).
you can block the Vulnerable Processes and then use the free version of Glassass wire without stress and nothing bad will happen
this is my combo:
Glass wire free+block the Vulnerable Processes+Wireless Network Watcher(nirsoft) like you have the paid version of glass wire:p

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Have you tried Windows Firewall Control from Binisoft? No HIPS or sandbox like Comodo but you could add Sandboxie if you like sandbox and an anti-exe like NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro (free). The paid version of WFC is only $10 and it is a lifetime license for all of your computers.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I have Binisoft and i like it, but it is a user interface for windows firewall. Glass wire likes me but i always think free software are bad and need to pay, but if i can protect me whitout pay better for me. The other one some one know it?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I used Private Firewall for a short while and found it to be very useful on my Windows 10 system. But it's no longer being developed so no more using it.

Jetico Firewall - Not using so no idea

Fortknox Firewall is a shareware. I used it on my Windows 10 and found it lethargic like sometimes take a few second to react after my finger touch or not even reacting. It comes with a lot of useful features though. End up not using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
You can try Zonealarm Free Firewall or SterJo NetStalker Free Firewall since Comodo Firewall don't play well on your system

SterJo NetStalker

For the latter it's a simple 2-way firewall with no HIPS/SB/BB. You'll have to add separately if you need them. I like its display of traffic information

Zonealarm Free Firewall short review here

The best free firewall 2017 | TechRadar

Last edited:

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i think fort knox will be a good choice but the deloper page are a caos and i dont thiink is good idea buy it because i dont know if are active development or not, Sterjo netstalker says me is a pishing side "Heimdal blocks it" and zone alarm likes me too much but they say is only compatible whith "Windows defender" In my work machine i am using Kaspersky free no virusthanks and windows firewall and on my wife machine i am using KIS, but i am looking for a free combo

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In the selection of 3 firewall mentioned well PrivateFirewall I can say that it's still reliable; the firewall component definitely helpful to protect against sophisticated attacks.

However since developments tends to be inactive therefore effectiveness may leave behind through generations.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
My vote would also go to Windows Firewall Control from Binisoft [If you are willing to work with the win firewall). The dev is doing updates every few month/weeks and is pretty active on another forum.
Only thing you should be aware of every new update some smaller virusscanners flag it on virustotal even it its a false positive. Most of the time its like 3/63 or so and always some scanner no person ever heard of.
For glaswire: I think i read that all traffic goes through a proxy on your pc they install. If that would worry you better do a quick search to prove me wrong before buying.
And with 10$ for lifetime on all my pc i had to buy it :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.