Status
Not open for further replies.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
Have any of you tried Jetico Personal Firewall?
Can be run together with F Secure or Avast IS?

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
Hello
I ve heard about it but never used it before; i am ok to pay for a good antivirus but i won't pay for a firewall as window one isn't bad and also in case many free alternatives are there (comodo, online, private...)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Correct, but probably not been updated. It's been a long time since I've heard the software, maybe the folks at Wilders use it.

Okay it does support Windows 7 and 8, and offer a 21 day free trial, but no refund policy if your purchase.
https://www.jetico.com/products/personal-privacy/personal-firewall

Avast Internet Security? No.
Maybe with Avast Free/Pro Antivirus?

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
If i remind well from few reviews i read by the past, this jetico was not an easy firewall to use?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Just for the records Jetico PF is a well known and respected company, They started as a underdog with many of their programs notable Jetico Personal Firewall, However even tho they are not world class they still provide a above average level of protection.
It is indeed true that JPF is for a bit more experienced users, but its work in progress and they are getting better everytime.
Personally i would not use it as i got other flavors on my computers, but Jetico is worth a try and if used properly it will not fail you.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Jetico is a good firewall but they messed up when they discontinued the free version only giving its users the option to buy.
With all of the freeware options available and improvements with Windows Firewall on modern Windows, it got lost in the cracks.

Just think about it, who would actually buy a stand-alone firewall now days for $39.95 for 1 year subscription? when you can buy a security suite for about the same price. At least they could add an AV to it for that price.

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.