Home
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Anti-Malware, SandBoxie
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, Bitdefender 60 second virus scanner
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome, Disconnect, uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Chrono Download Manager
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Free, Wise Care 365 Pro, SecureMyBit
File and Photo backup
Todo Backup Workstation
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
What do you think of TrendMicro?
The protection is really very very good, I think it is also light, even if you use it on a PC, which is not really powerful, Trend Micro is fast and efficient.
In the latest version is really improved, especially the detection ratio and the performance.
I think it has also a good web protection, against phishing and malicious links.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I think it has also a good web protection
Actually. TrendMicro uses reputation-based analysis in its web protection module, therefore has a good block rate against malicious web pages.:)

really improved, especially the detection ratio
But some tests conducted by users show that the detection ratio of TrendMicro 10 is still not good... In some cases, its detection ratio is as low as Comodo AV:(

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
The only product by Trend Micro I ever used was HijackThis (and I still do) which I consider an extremely reliable utility.
Other than that, I don't know how Trend Micro generally appeals to users. Then again, I haven't used/tested it that extensively to find out any outstanding features, but overall it Trend Micro products other than HijackThis don't seem too impressive... But that's just my opinion. :p

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
***UPDATE***

Bought a new PC: Lenovo IdeaCentre H50-50:

lenovo-h50-50-ideacentre-with-monitor.png

Specs:

• Processor: i5-4460
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Hard disk: 1000 GB
  • Optical drive: DVD±RW

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.