Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
@Andy Ful weird, Sbie works fine on my end, did you tried the beta?
Thanks for suggestion. No, I simply tried to install the official version. My wife still uses Sandboxie (full paid version) on Windows ver. 1803 without issues. I tried today the beta ver. 5.27.2 and installed without problems on Windows ver. 1809. It is good that there is a working version, but it seems that generally Sandboxie has problems (still beta after 3 months) with new versions of WIndows 10. That is the price which probably must be paid for its usability and flexibility.

Reactions: harlan4096
D

Deleted member 178

Thanks for suggestion. No, I simply tried to install the official version. My wife still uses Sandboxie (full paid version) on Windows ver. 1803 without issues. I tried today the beta ver. 5.27.2 and installed without problems on Windows ver. 1809. It is good that there is a working version, but it seems that generally Sandboxie has problems (still beta after 3 months) with new versions of WIndows 10. That is the price which probably must be paid for its usability and flexibility.
The problem is how sandboxie function (a kind of code whitelisting) , and because of it, it must run after every major code change in software/OS. It is why ReHips became my favorite, using Windows mechanisms, it requires less updates and doesn't need much workaround.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.