josin's personal PC config

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Any one tried using anti exploit beta by MBAM? any suggestion to improve my security config is welcome ( apart from enabling UAC- its in eternal conflict with rocket dock and I had to choose one)

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Looks Good !!! :)
Since you don't want any advice on UAC, the only thing I'd like to say is remove ghostery. You've already got Disconnect. Both of them does exactly the same thing. Moreover ghostery slows down your page loading. You'll notice the difference the moment you disable/remove it. :)

R

rkkdjb

Any one tried using anti exploit beta by MBAM? any suggestion to improve my security config is welcome ( apart from enabling UAC- its in eternal conflict with rocket dock and I had to choose one)
i m using MB anti exploit also checked its functioning with test file they give, currently using it with EMET

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Looks Good !!! :)
Since you don't want any advice on UAC, the only thing I'd like to say is remove ghostery. You've already got Disconnect. Both of them does exactly the same thing. Moreover ghostery slows down your page loading. You'll notice the difference the moment you disable/remove it. :)
oh...I'll try and report if it makes any improvement.

Edit: yes it did...thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your configuration, josinpaul.:) Privdog was included along with our Comodo Dragon where I've used IT 'and' Ghostery both. Has this been a mistake?:oops: They are both so similar I think I shall have to (UAC):p Utilize Myna's wisdom And take Control pulling the Ghost out of the machine!:rolleyes: So, o_O'constant conflict with Rocket Doc'. Does this mean it won't function, or does UAC warn you the program will make changes to your system every time you use Rocket Doc?
Btw, I've had "Disconnect" all of one day together with a portable 64 Bit Cyberfox browser https://8pecxstudios.com/ & a trimmed down list of core security extensions (Adblock plus, *Disconnect*, NoScript, HTTPS Everywhere, Lastpass, & Self Destructing Cookies). Removing Ghostery was a well advised move to quicken your browser too!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brahman and yigido

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
If u using firefox then i suggest u to use " google privacy " addon. when we search something in goggle it shows results with links & goggle track u when u clicks on those links. it's replace google trackers from links . and u can use proxy & vpn addons in chrome like zenmate, hola unblocker :)

I

illumination

Looks really good, other then the whole UAC confliction. Personally, i would choose my computer being more secure, over cosmetics ;) :)

Brahman

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
So, o_O'constant conflict with Rocket Doc'. Does this mean it won't function, or does UAC warn you the program will make changes to your system every time you use Rocket Doc?
With UAC, roket dock some time will not start, sometimes UAC starts to notify on each click on rocket dock, it became so irritating. Then one fine morning I decided to switch it off and keep the UAC in my head "on" all the time. To this day I have no regrets.....

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
With UAC, roket dock some time will not start, sometimes UAC starts to notify on each click on rocket dock, it became so irritating. Then one fine morning I decided to switch it off and keep the UAC in my head "on" all the time. To this day I have no regrets.....
Yes, I can see:cool: how using '..the UAC in (your) head all the time.' is truly the one that's most effective.;) The problem with the UAC in my head might have to do with a :eek:corrupt file or something!:p:D

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Looks good, I currently use Mbae, seems to work good, either way it only takes up 3mb of ram

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.