Advice Request Jottacloud? - Would you use it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Anyone ever use this software. Seems good. I've been using it for the past hour and seems quick, clean interface, and decent prices for unlimited storage.

Jottacloud

Reactions: Ink

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Personally have never heard of it before. Free storage of 5GB just like the rest of the cloud storage rivals, the unlimited might be cheaper but at what cost? The speed might be slower and you might have a limited bandwidth? You might wanna test it as a trial (if there is any) before purchasing it and transferring all files there.

Reactions: DJ Panda

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Any recommendations on other software similar to this?

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I've been using it for quite some time. Speed is amazing and web-search as well. Speed: Because I'm from Estonia and Norway is quite close.

Really good way to backup documents and smaller files. Lets you sync them nicely once you set up new PC/Windows :)
Recommended! I hope they will add two-way verification sometime... Would come handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Any recommendations on other software similar to this?
As for cloud storage goes, the standard dropbox, google drive, Mega, Copy and OneDrive!

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Mega may possibly shut down due to some financial issues.

Good call, might be best to stay away from Mega for the time being until everything has been resolved, however it does give the most free space out of them all

Reactions: DJ Panda

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Best and fastest sync-speed of all I tested, Drive, Onecloud, Copy, Sugarsync, Dropbox, etc,etc...
They will (hopefully) also introduce later this year (may I say per my wishes :)) a function to restore whole folders instead of files, if you get hit by ransom for example.
It is a drag to restore thousands of files right?
Jottacloud is what I move all my costumers to right now.

/W

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Best and fastest sync-speed of all I tested, Drive, Onecloud, Copy, Sugarsync, Dropbox, etc,etc...
They will (hopefully) also introduce later this year (may I say per my wishes :)) a function to restore whole folders instead of files, if you get hit by ransom for example.
It is a drag to restore thousands of files right?
Jottacloud is what I move all my costumers to right now.

/W
You can make it restore 6 files at once. With decent speed, I find it good enough since it restores 200 files or pictures really fast.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have been hearing about it for quite a time now and most of it is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.