User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
ESET Smart Security, Zemana AntiMalware
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes, Zemana AntiMalware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox : Adguard AdBlocker, IDM integration, Open Link in Silent Tab, G3.Google Translator, YouTube High Definition

Vivaldi : Adguard AdBlocker, Google Tradutor, ImTranslator, Magic Actions for YouTube
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Wise Care 365, Autoruns, Process Explorer

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Video Player : K Lite Codec Pack
Audio Player : AIMP3
Cloud Storage : Google Drive and Google Photos
Compression : WinRAR, 7-Zip
Uninstaller : Revo Uninstaller Free
Virtualization : VMware Workstation Pro

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Few suggestions; enable UAC and consider creating a system image as an OS backup. Verify you trust all those browser add-ons.

Reactions: Logethica and Jrs30

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Few suggestions; enable UAC and consider creating a system image as an OS backup. Verify you trust all those browser add-ons.
ESET Smart Security is the work of UAC, a second tip will do, I trust all Firefox add-ons, whenever I used these, I always do a check on all add-ons and always see the notes updates, and always on the Mozilla forum and developers.
Your tip creating a system image of an OS backup. Perfect, I'll do it :D
#Google translator

tranks :)

Possibly add Malwarebytes Anti Exploit
ESET does the job very well Anti Exploit :D

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mihir :-)

Good to go:)But configure Eset HIPS to smart mode instead of automatic.Use VM as you download Viruses or Sanboxie(Paid).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Enable UAC even if you have ESET HIPS. UAC works at kernel level , ESET doesn't.
Use a VM if you keep playing with suspicious sites & malwares
add an imaging backup soft.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely enable UAC and most definitely consider a VM for playing with Malware.
Consider some type of system back up.
Personally I would get rid of TuneUp Utilities as CCleaner is more than enough.
Good config! Thanks for sharing it :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, but no offense I personally feel like ESET is a little more resource intensive than MBAE.
ESET Smart Security is full security suite; Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-Spam, Exploit Blocker, ESET Live Grid and other features. Of course it may use more resources, but that's because it's performing more tasks than Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. ;)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
My config is different from yours as well. I use things like Avast, and Malwarebytes Anti- Malware to protect my computer. Just was putting out my opinion :D

Jrs30

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Sorry if bumping thread but I recommend upgrading to Windows 10 for added security and performance. :)
A while I did not leave here my configuration, I will update :D
At the moment I can not upgrade Windows 10, because my hard drive this with a problem! If by chance something goes wrong I will lose a lot of files (I will back up these files, oh yes I will update) :)

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.