Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not FREE and a total 'Despicable Me' rip-off. :dodgy:

You can get much better performance with Freeware products, instead of this pay-for-this-service

Edit:

"Jumpshot: Made for Idiots".

Reminds me a little of Soluto.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Appreciate your opinions and thoughts on Jumpshot this give a better insight to what I was thinking!

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I will have to agree with Earth everything this software does can be done easily with free tools. Of coarse using the one-time free gift scan could be helpful to some users with bad infections but still not worth paying for.

Many of the features appear to be based on Soluto (freeware product).

Since it doesn't exactly say what it has done (if anything), I wonder how many settings were changed that the user wanted to keep, how many files deleted that the user wanted to keep, how many false positives were deleted, etc.

I would feel much safer using free products like CCleaner, Advanced SystemCare, SmartDefrag, IObit Uninstaller, Malwarebytes, Secunia PSI, Belarc Advisor, etc.

Because they all will tell you exactly what they did to your system and you have option to decide what they do.

Thanks.:D

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Additional good insight make by Littlebits with a list of software providers:

I would feel much safer using free products like CCleaner, Advanced SystemCare, SmartDefrag, IObit Uninstaller, Malwarebytes, Secunia PSI, Belarc Advisor, etc.

Because they all will tell you exactly what they did to your system and you have option to decide what they do.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Soluto is free up to 3 PC slots, which is enough for most.
https://www.soluto.com/business/pricing

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I will not pay $19 for single scan even if my pc has 56000000 infection on my pc (as above shown in video) :p

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Looks cool. It could be useful for home users to save a LOT of money on virus removal for those that need an easy way to do it. And that's coming from someone who benefits off of the repair costs.

Of course the power users here CAN use free tools, this is aimed at home users, not repair techs. I think it's a wonderful product.

I've tried Soluto. Now that was a joke. It talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk. Meaning that it did not do what it advertised and said it could.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Just visited the website and my initial impression was that its a computer cleaning product and not a full blown AV.

In my honest opinion it is junkware snake oil and i dont trust cleaning software one bit.

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Computer cleaning will always be a big debate. I'm all for it. I've seen first hand the speed increases by using tools like CCleaner, Glary, JetClean, BleachBit, Wise, Auslogics, AdvancedSystemCare, etc. To each his own. I personally use a regimen of 2 different cleaners on the PC's I work on. I have people that I clean their PC's every month via Teamviewer and I clean them out and they are always loving the speed increase. Not only using cleaners but removing stuff out of AppData, ProgramData, Registry for programs that haven't been completely uninstalled. Also cleaning out the old Services that have been left over and also the Non-Plug and Play Drivers that have been left over by programs like AV's. Very important to the speed of the PC, IMEO.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Avast has acquired Jumpshot, expect to see this in Avast Antivirus software this Winter.

Jumpshot’s optimization technology is slated to become available to all AVAST users around the winter holiday season – just in time to get rid of the annoying pre-packaged software on brand new Windows computers.

http://blog.avast.com/2013/09/24/jumpshot-joins-avast/
http://www.jumpshot.com/

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

so Avast is becoming the Jack of all Trades

wow just wow

i wonder how bloated it will get like it's already started to but i guess others are doing it also
monkey see monkey do

i also wonder how the Avast Evangelist's will take it

i'm not bashing Avast just amazed at witch way thay are going

wow

thanks

James

:(

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Avast is going in the wrong direction anyway.what with full blown in your face adware in their av and sneaky methods to get you to pay for stuff.

It is a declining product and im glad i uninstalled it many moons ago.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
it didn't celebrate at PC Security Channel either :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.