Advice Request Just installed Windows 11

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
I just installed Windows 11 on a laptop from 2014. Intel i3 /10GB RAM

Used Rufus to modify the ISO and after installing everything runs very smooth.
Even the updates come in without any error.

* G-Data TS
* Microsoft 365 installed
* HP Printer
* Greenshot
* Onedrive

So far everything runs oké

Keep you informed guys !

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
New laptop is arriving soon here in Malaysia.
This one is gonna be running :

Non modified version of Windows 11 Pro
VMware for Malware testing
Ooshutup 10++
Avast security Premium as real time AV ( love the detection rate and the running updates function )
Simple Windows Hardening 2.0
One drive backup
Microsoft365

Keep you informed !

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
It is always better to up-to-date with latest OS, So sooner or later you have to move.I recently updated to windows11.

Reactions: amirr

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
guys/girls ,i have only 500 mbps (1 gbps ethernet speed) i search on google but i not found solution,i have this problem in windows 10 too,but i found solution i stop in task manager - service or in services.msc but i not found .txt how i doo,you can help me ???
now i have windows 11 x64 build 22621.160

G

Guilhermesene

Like the other users on this forum, I also installed Windows 11, stayed with it for a while and ended up returning to Windows 10 because for me it is superior both in productivity and in relation to the system itself, I didn't really like Windows 11, but this is just my opinion 🙂

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
I said it before in the thread Windows 11 - first look: Still half baked design with XP elements. But it's fast and safe just as W. 10. It's not worth to say more about it.

Reactions: Andytay70

Jineshsethia

Level 1
Jul 8, 2022
It's good that you are enjoying it, Once I did too for some time but later on, it started giving me headaches. I went back with windows 10 and it works well for me.

Reactions: micasayyo

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
I gave Windows 11 (Pro) another another go on my unsupported laptop (CPU is one generation too old) and after removing several stupid apps and taming others from starting up, along with widget removals, I now really like it. As was pointed out by someone in another forum, I've enable DNS over HTTPS too. Maybe it's placebo effect, but I find 11 to be at least as fast, if not faster, than Windows 10.

Reactions: micasayyo

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
In my post # 16 I wrote about W. 11: ... safe just as W. 10. That's because I had made some adjustments on W. 10. See Windows 11 has advanced hardware security. Here's how to get it in Windows 10 today. Normally W. 11 has an advantage on security over W. 10.
Thanks for the link @Jan.

I'm just moving into Win11 with my new laptop, about to create a thread about it. Here's a quote from that article, "the new OS has several new requirements for PCs to support its new hardware and virtualization-based security features".

This virtualisation-based security thing is something I'm not familiar with (apart from Shadow Defender and Sandboxie which I guess is related). this is exciting and something i need to better understand.

Anyone know, is the 'virtualization-based security' something that is baked in, in the background, or something you implement and activate to your own needs?

Reactions: Jan Willy
F

ForgottenSeer 94943

None of my devices officially supports Windows 11 and I am not going to modify the ISO to install it. If they decide to support my i7 7500U, then I might upgrade, if they don't, so be it. I'll stick to Windows 10 which is capable of doing literally everything.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.