kaleci07's Config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If I didn't have Avast Antivirus, I would use a similar setup to yours.

Windows Defender with PUP-enabled Registry Edit.
Zemana AntiLogger Premium

Have you considered Unchecky.com, it is a free tool that runs silently in the background and prevents Toolbars/Unwanted Software from being automatically installed.

kaleci07

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2015

Have you considered Unchecky.com, it is a free tool that runs silently in the background and prevents Toolbars/Unwanted Software from being automatically installed.
i used to use unchecky but somereason i dont trust that program idk why

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
I'm curious to know how you backup your personal data to an external drive without using any software. Do you just copy and paste the files using Windows Explorer?

Personally I would recommend you use one of the many free backup programs to not only backup your files but also backup an image of your system.

For file and image backups you could use
Aomei Backupper Free
http://www.backup-utility.com/free

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice config!
You could add one or two on demand scanners other than Zemana.
Consider a system backup solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

i used to use unchecky but somereason i dont trust that program idk why

As far as uncheky is concerned , I think you can just copy its entry in host file and stop. Unless you click ok without reading and download from some websites that I am not sure I can mention , it is useless . At least from reviews I watched

Reactions: Logethica

SmileMore

Level 1
Verified
Oct 15, 2016
I don't know if it's more secure but as you say they have a big plus in the bata alpha omega version which is the bird thing ;). Usually, they do many months of testing with beta version to find some problems in the software (it can be secutity problem...).

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No question at all, just bear in mind that Zemana Antilogger HIPS is such different to the actual active component like Comodo, unless you need it badly against keystrokes and related remote execution.

If worried, you may go anytime with SecureAplus or Voodoshield Free.

kaleci07

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 6, 2015
i didnt feel myself secure with wd and zemana cause problems lately so i changed my specs

removed : windows defender(not really removed :) ) + zemana al + emsisoft ek + chrome beta

added : kaspersky is 17 (TAM disabled , causing problems )+ eset online scanner + chrome stable 64 bit +unchecky

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.