Karlos Config

karlos

Thread author
Jun 2, 2015
My laptop consider old..but still running..

Attachments

• My Laptop config.JPG
    My Laptop config.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 296
Reactions: JM Safe

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello :)

1) Since you are downloading Malware samples then I highly suggest to conduct via Virtual Machine (Like Virtualbox) however its fine on another computer,

2) Backup is important, conduct a system image by a third party program or built in from Windows alongside of your handy USB/External HDD + Cloud storage.

3) Add additional scanner like Hitman Pro or Zemana AM. Then addons will be Adguard + HTTPS Everywhere ( add also a backup browser)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
As @jamescv7 says backups are really important. For a third party backup program i would suggest Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both have a good free version. :)

If you do not have a portable HDD i suggest Aomei One Key backup solution. It will even help create a new partition for you. ;)

D

Deleted member 2913

Which one is better, stable & reliable Macrium Free or Aomei Backupper?

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
Hi @karlos,
all the advice described above must be followed for better protection of your system:)
once you download malware you should install a virtual machine or use Shadow defender or Toolwiz time freeze and SandBoxie .
You should not forget enable UAC, can save your system;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi, it is a good config, but I suggest you to install a software for backup
solution, such as Uranium Backup.
Then you can also install Auslogics Disk Defrag to improve the speed of the PC, then you can also install Collusion extension for your browser, which allows you to know which websites are tracking you.
At the end you can install Privazer.
Thanks for sharing it ;) :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable UAC if not already enabled
Consider some type of backup solution
Consider adding a second browser
Consider the above suggestions also

Reactions: JM Safe
L

LabZero

I agree with the above suggestions but I would add that if you are using a light virtualization systems like Shadow Defender is important to know that creates a virtual copy of the same OS with the same files, so it is very important to disconnect internet if you test the malware to prevent leakage of sensitive data.
The best thing is to configure a virtual machine like VirtualBox or Vmware without sharing between Guest and Host.
Once installed the system, Guest additions and extensions (drivers ) care must be taken not to create links (network drives or otherwise) between the Host system and virtualized (Guest)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.