Karl's shared config :)

S

starchild76

first off all enable Uac , its a vital part in keeping your pc healty ;) do you have a backup program??

Reactions: Karl Hustler

Karl Hustler

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 10, 2014
I disabled UAC because it annoys me a lot, I will give it another go at default but I don't think it will remain on long :p
I use Dropbox to back up documents and important settings, I use the default system restore quite a bit, as for a system back up I just do a full system recovery if anything major goes wrong as everything important to me is saved to Dropbox :)
Plus this is a very dated PC and I'm looking to invest on a PC that doesn't require peddle power;), then I will be more cautious of the systems health and take all preventive measures :)

Reactions: starchild76

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Annoyance is a small price to pay for being secure. You'll be more annoyed if you've got hit by a very nasty malware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.