Karol Kurczuk's machine

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration, Karol.:):)

LastPass is my favorite add-on!:)
Palemoon is among my favorite browsers, although it shares the podium with Chrome & Cyberfox (all are portable, and installed on external flash drives, while PM & CF are both 64 bit versions!).
Windows 7 is also the favorite, and more popular OS, in our home. This means 'I' spend most of my time on Windows 8.1:rolleyes: ..but watch out!! Linux is coming on strong.;)

My recommendations:
  • UAC, most members will swear by it as I do. Use it set (at least) to "Notify when programs are about to make changes to my system", especially if you wish to keep your system safe (& yourself smiling like this >>> :D)
  • Browse in Sandboxie. Like a space suit that protects an astro../cosmo-naut thus keeping them alive, a sandbox duplicates an artificial environment that protects your system, & It's free!:D www.sandboxie.com
(Update)
I do not use UAC and even to Sandboxie I'm not convinced, I have CCleaner, only that I did not write, I'm sorry
Karol Kurczuk,
  1. CCleaner is magnificent!:p
  2. We respect your decision which, in fact, does not have to remain final.;) :):)
  3. If you'd rather not use Sandboxie, and you insist UAC is not for you, how about Time Freeze?:cool: You can read about, and have the option to try it here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze.shtml
Thanks!

Last edited:
M

Manzai

User Account Control settings:
  • Never notify (Disable UAC)
I you recommand to enable UAC ;)
Please install Ccleaner to delete temporary files and Cookie

Reactions: vrb93

Karol Kurczuk

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 26, 2014
I do not use UAC and even to Sandboxie I'm not convinced, I have CCleaner, only that I did not write, I'm sorry

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would definitely enable UAC but that is your call.Thanks for sharing your config :)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Any specific reason that lead you to disable UAC, which is one of the most efficient Security feature in-built in Windows ?
Also, what is "Teamviewer Speed Internet Accelerator" exactly ?

Karol Kurczuk

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 26, 2014
I have enable UAC After infection my computer I missing privilege Admin account and I can not install difrent app, i reinstalled my os and changed Antivirus I have AVG Internet Security 2014 at free in promotion on huawei per 365 days

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I have enable UAC After infection my computer I missing privilege Admin account and I can not install difrent app, i reinstalled my os and changed Antivirus I have AVG Internet Security 2014 at free in promotion on huawei per 365 days

Urg, AVG, ain't the best.
Also, can you answer my question just above your post ?

Karol Kurczuk

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 26, 2014
I turned off UAC because it annoyed me, but I realized that it is needed, Teamviewer is an application to assist remote and internet accelerator speeds up my wifi,

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I turned off UAC because it annoyed me, but I realized that it is needed, Teamviewer is an application to assist remote and internet accelerator speeds up my wifi,

Good decision. I know what Teamviewer is, trust me. And ... I'm sorry but there's no "speed accelerator" for the wireless ? I didn't even know that Teamviewer publisher had a such application ?

Karol Kurczuk

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 26, 2014
I use many years software cbs softwarei is good, you can see the effects, but I do not understand questions about TeamViewer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.