Not open for further replies.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Outlook 2016 crashes quickly with the Kaspersky 2017 anti spam-add in running....I use my main machine for everything, so a GREAT anti spam is a must. Have tried KIS,KTS,KAV, (have even tried the 19.0 beta) with no luck. I really want to like Kaspersky, although for 2 years ESET anti spam never failed me, although I feel it could block more. A LOT more. Anyone using Kaspersky alongside Outlook with the anti spam enabled?? Their forum is aware of issues from 3+ years back, but really no answers or help there.

Anyone???

Happy 4th, ALL!

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
K2019 beta still very unstable... did You tried with K2017 or K2018?

Reactions: Berny

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Have you tried KIS 2018? I also use Outlook 2016 and never had a crash with KIS 2017. Is there any error message before the crash? Have you tried turning Antispam on and off again to force a plugin reinstall?

Reactions: harlan4096

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
2017. 17.0.0557, and 17.0.0611
Yes, tried the 18 and 19 betas.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Have you tried KIS 2018? I also use Outlook 2016 and never had a crash with KIS 2017. Is there any error message before the crash? Have you tried turning Antispam on and off again to force a plugin reinstall?
o

"ADD-ON PROBLEM" - A Problem was detected with an add-in and it has been disabled" View disabled add-ons.....

I've got to be missing something. Trying it on another machine as we try to fix, and Outlook won't connect. MAYBE this is the problem.... What is preventing Outlook from connecting?

Last edited by a moderator:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Have you tried a full repair of office? Just go to add/remove programs and use the change option.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
"Have you tried turning Antispam on and off again to force a plugin reinstall?"

Yes. As soon as I "force" it, Outlook crashes.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Have you tried a full repair of office? Just go to add/remove programs and use the change option.

Ive got 3 desktops here, and cant get it to stay running on any of them. Although, I will try repair Office with one of them.

Reactions: mlnevese

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Disabled Kaspersky anti spam. installed SPAMfighter Pro.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.