Advice Request Kaspersky anti-banner and outlook support issue

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Hello,
I noticed that Kaspersky anti-banner doesn't block YouTube ads at all this issue in the product around two years ago and till this moment not fixed.
the same issue for new home outlook support for anti-spam and email protection.

Attachments

• kaspersky anti banner.png
    kaspersky anti banner.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 92
  • kaspersky outlook.png
    kaspersky outlook.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Dave Russo

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello,

I understand that you are experiencing issues with Kaspersky anti-banner not blocking YouTube ads and the new home Outlook support for anti-spam and email protection. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regarding the Kaspersky anti-banner not blocking YouTube ads, it is important to note that ad-blocking technology can be complex and constantly evolving. While Kaspersky strives to provide effective ad-blocking capabilities, it is possible that some ads may still slip through. This could be due to various reasons, such as changes in ad delivery methods or the use of new ad-blocking circumvention techniques by advertisers.

To address this issue, I recommend ensuring that you have the latest version of Kaspersky installed on your device. Updates often include improvements and bug fixes that can enhance the effectiveness of ad-blocking features. Additionally, you may want to check if there are any specific settings within the Kaspersky interface that can be adjusted to optimize ad-blocking performance.

Regarding the new home Outlook support for anti-spam and email protection, it would be helpful to have more specific details about the issue you are facing. Are you encountering any error messages or experiencing difficulties with configuring the anti-spam and email protection features? Providing more information will allow me to assist you more effectively.

In the meantime, I recommend checking the Kaspersky support website or contacting their customer support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more specific troubleshooting steps or updates regarding any known issues related to the anti-spam and email protection features in Outlook.

I hope this information helps, and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Reactions: simmerskool
Upvote 0

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Kaspersky Anti-Banner not blocking ads in YT it's a known "issue", and I'm not sure if they don't add them to avoid legal problems.

About Outlook anti-spam, which app are You using? with what servers?
Thank you for your reply,
Regarding anti banner why they didn't mention that we don't block ads on youtube to avoid legal actions they keep telling me it's known issue and i will be fixed.

Outlook it's the built in microsoft mail that I use it for my Gmail and yahoo accounts. how I can get the type of servers?

Upvote 0

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
I mean the config servers of send/receive and ports used in Your account OutLook email address.
They are the default as I didn't change anything with these settings. Also, it's not outlook 365 it's the updated version of windows mail it's now called new outlook it seems that kaspersky didn't yet support that version and I don't know when they will do.

They told me that they will add support for the home outlook but, this might take many years to do so.

Reactions: Dave Russo
Upvote 0

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Upvote 0

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Upvote 0

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Kaspersky Anti-Spam module some years ago suffered a remodeling, so now it only adds a tag in the subject of the filtered messages:

1703354555889.png

And it's You in Your email client who have to create 2 filters with those 2 tags to process and move to trash folder the tagged messages.

Also check this link: Mail Anti-Virus settings

But if now Outlook (personal app) is working via cloud, I guess K. can do very little...

Upvote 0

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Kaspersky Anti-Spam module some years ago suffered a remodeling, so now it only adds a tag in the subject of the filtered messages:

View attachment 280461

And it's You in Your email client who have to create 2 filters with those 2 tags to process and move to trash folder the tagged messages.

Also check this link: Mail Anti-Virus settings

But if now Outlook (personal app) is working via cloud, I guess K. can do very little...
Kaspersky shows nothing in logs it doesn't filter any spam or ads in email.
I wonder if Kaspersky can use local proxy to redirect messages or traffic to properly filter the incoming emails 🤔

Upvote 0

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I have several HotMail accounts configured in POP Peeper tool configured like this:

1703359754846.png

Also, GMail account:

1703359793861.png

But it's true that Kaspersky can filter GMail msgs, and They appear in Reports also getting K. SPAM tags, BUT not the Hotmail ones, I don't know if it has something to do with encrypting connections scanning, and it seems there must be something different in Microsoft email account when using SSL compared to GMail 🤔🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
I have several HotMail accounts configured in POP Peeper tool configured like this:

View attachment 280462

Also, GMail account:

View attachment 280463

But it's true that Kaspersky can filter GMail msgs, and They appear in Reports also getting K. SPAM tags, BUT not the Hotmail ones, I don't know if it has something to do with encrypting connections scanning, and it seems there must be something different in Microsoft email account when using SSL compared to GMail 🤔🤷‍♂️
The outlook you have is different than what I use.
I noticed that these options are not available in my outlook or Microsoft mail.
And I don't know why Kaspersky doesn’t support it.

Upvote 0

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Regarding anti banner why they didn't mention that we don't block ads on youtube to avoid legal actions they keep telling me it's known issue and i will be fixed.

If Kaspersky starts blocking them, I think YouTube/Google will take them to court. Blocking ads, even if they're annoying, is a source of money for Google and will drive you to YT Premium (by the way, YouTube even blocks anti-ads now...).

Upvote 0

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
Yes, it's definitely other app than the one I use and as Kaspersky Support said it's not yet supported.
What about anti banner will Kaspersky fix it's problem or they will keep saying it's known issue and it will be fixed like forever 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231223_221208_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231223_221208_Samsung Internet.jpg
    701.4 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
If Kaspersky starts blocking them, I think YouTube/Google will take them to court. Blocking ads, even if they're annoying, is a source of money for Google and will drive you to YT Premium (by the way, YouTube even blocks anti-ads now...).
I have some free time lately and I've found a lot of content on youtube that I enjoy. I have a paid YT account. But yikes, I logged in the other day and got a popup warning me that I was blocking 3d-party cookies, missing content... I ignored it, and it went away and did not notice any problems. I normally use Chrome to view YT. When YT starts blocking paid accounts, maybe time to take them to court. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Nevi and Shadowra
Upvote 0

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I have some free time lately and I've found a lot of content on youtube that I enjoy. I have a paid YT account. But yikes, I logged in the other day and got a popup warning me that I was blocking 3d-party cookies, missing content... I ignored it, and it went away and did not notice any problems. I normally use Chrome to view YT. When YT starts blocking paid accounts, maybe time to take them to court. :ROFLMAO:

I also use YT Premium.
There was an extension that skipped ads but it was banned by Google... (normal, otherwise they lose money)

Upvote 0

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
But why Adguard and ublock origin Google can't suit them and Kaspersky Support didn't say that they can't block YouTube ads for legal concern they said it's a bug and this issue is for more than two years 😅

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.