Advice Request Kaspersky Anti-Ramsome for Buisness

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I tested it. It's very basic and not the best against ransomwares

it has KSN (cloud) and system watch. System watcher is BB but a trimmed down version, specifically against trojans and ransomwares but not other types of malwares

My tests showed it sucked, not recommended

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
As for a standalone anti-ransomware tool, I personally like McAfee Ransomware Interceptor Ransomware Interceptor (Pilot) | McAfee Free Tools had a good results while testing it, although I haven't used it on any real systems.

EDIT: Well, it didn't take more than 2 mins in a VM to encrypt it by some newest ransom, better avoid it, tho I remember it was good some time ago, it was a year ago or a year before last year.. ? :unsure::ROFLMAO: Using these anti-ransomware tools you never know if they actually will protect you or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
so what is the best anti-ransomware you recommended
some tests and my personal tests have shown these are reliable:
- appcheck antiransomware (CheckMAL)
- ransomoff (Heilig Defense): be careful of incompatibility issue

the rest are either paid products or not so effective

besides antiransomware, you can also use anti-exe like voodooshield or NVT ERP or SecureAPlus or comodo firewall. They are basically free

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
David (my Brother)- please be very, very careful with McAfee Interceptor. It is really a sub-optimal protection modality (in the vernacular- It just sucks). For example, if you test it against the recent RedEye ransomware I do not think that you would still be fond of the product...

Edit- I just saw your Edit. Great Minds Think Alike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.