Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Boost mobile battery life – for every charge… with our FREE battery life extender app

Now, you can boost mobile battery life… spend less time with your Android device attached to its battery charger… and get more out of your mobile life – without constant concerns about low battery level.

Kaspersky Battery Life is the FREE battery saver tool that helps you boost mobile battery life for your Android phones and tablets. It automatically monitors every app that’s running on your devices… lets you know which apps are consuming the most energy… tells you how many minutes of battery life are left… and helps you shut down unnecessary apps.

The battery saver that puts you in control
Every app that’s running on your device is continually monitored – even apps that are running in the background. You can stop any apps that are using too much energy – while ensuring your favorite apps keep running. With Kaspersky Battery Life, you can spend more time getting on with the things you want to do… and less time worrying about low battery level.

Watches out for ‘hungry’ apps
If one of your apps suddenly starts to use more energy than it usually does, you’ll get an automatic alert – so you can decide whether to halt that app.

Gives you a more accurate prediction of battery life
Because Kaspersky Battery Life is continually monitoring each app’s energy consumption, it keeps a very close watch on your device’s battery level… to give you a more accurate prediction of how much charge is left in your device’s battery – in hours and minutes.

Boost mobile battery life for your Android devices… get Kaspersky Battery Life – the FREE battery saver app.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Useless. Android can do exactly this since a few versions now. The battery this application will use will be more than what it will save.
I agree. I've tried a few of these sorts of programs and I've seen no improvement in battery life at all. As you say Android does a pretty good job itself.

Off topic but in my experience the same goes for Android cleaning programs. Whereas I think something like CCleaner can benefit Windows systems, with Android I think you're better off just manually clearing the cache now and then if you feel the need.

EASTER

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2017
Useless. Android can do exactly this since a few versions now. The battery this application will use will be more than what it will save.

Exactly.

What we are witnessing all the more is the age old practice of some name brands jumping on the bandwagon so-to-speak to swing a few more over to their side of attention.

And as you point out, at least for those who are more familiar with their handset's O/S, for android other methods are available in the raw.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
If you really want to know what's going on behind the scenes, Better Battery Stats is one if the best. But, for non-rooted devices, you need to add a permission via adb, to get the most out of it. It's in playstore, and the developer thread is at xda developer's website, forums. There you can find instructions to add a permission that lets the app monitor wake locks, partial wake locks, and more. (For older os, the app didn't need manually added permission. Only newer OS need it, because Google removed it, for security reasons. Too many app were asking for more than they needed, thus hurting the good ones)

GSam battery monitor is another really good monitor, and, has instructions to add similar permission for added functions.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Kaspersky Battery Life has been stable for some time
Brief Review
  • Free - No registration or logins
  • Clean UI - No Ads or annoying prompts
  • Favorite Apps - exclude your screen dimmer or network monitor from being terminated
  • Widget - one-click tap to run
  • Accessibility needed for self-starting apps
  • Better than competing apps from Avast and AVG which are Ad-filled.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I'm not using this nor intend to install this. :D

I already have Greenify. :cool:

In fairness, though, Kaspersky's isn't a typical task killer app. Instead, it notifies and lets the user decide what to do with the hogger apps. :)

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Great app, thanks for sharing! Aforementioned by our friend @XhenEd this ain't the typical task killer like CM apps that drains the battery and won't help. Seems to be, so far, an easy small but efficient app. "Thumbs app" for Kaspersky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.