Troubleshoot Kaspersky Certificate didn't uninstalled automatically

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Hello, I recently uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security and their certificate is remains on my system even after using KAV Removal Tool. I have one question, is it safe to delete the kaspersky certificate manually or.... ? :unsure:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In my long experience with Kaspersky home products, Kaspersky probably never uninstalled their root certificates correctly, sometimes in Windows Manager or in Mozilla products (FF & TB) :)

That's why after every standard uninstalling (disabling KL SelfDefence) I always run "Registrar Registry Manger", type the word "kaspersky" in search and find/delete all the remained keys, that's the only way to get a fully clean uninstalling :)

Also it's important to have all the applications closed while uninstalling, and of course browsers ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.