Kaspersky Cloud Free Vs 1000 recent samples test

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
At the end of this post, You can find them, when it says "Now We have to complement these tweaks making some additional changes..."

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Where can I find these settings? Be interested to see what they're like
Here

Can also ask @harlan4096. I just can't find his hardened KIS settings

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Here

Can also ask @harlan4096. I just can't find his hardened KIS settings
I'm already using these actually!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
windows 10 vm, with kaspersky cloud free, v's 1000 recent samples.....

not much to say...
Malware was allowed to run and did trigger my IDS

Gif of test Gif of test download from dropbox 84mb
Seriously, you mean this "Gif" shows enough to prove KSCF failed in your test?
For example, what about results of scanners like NPE, HMP, MBAM, etc. all that we usually see on other tests...

Note: I respect your spent time for doing your tests, but you should consider a bit more information in your open post ;)

kC77

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
well they are only quickfire tests, not meant to be in detail, im sure running a cleanup with another scanner would of got rid of the nasties and there are plenty of other detailed tests out there.

im only interested in was anything allowed to run - this was a YES
did anything communicate with the outside - this was a YES

the leftovers/post cleanup I dont care for, i got the result I was testing for (is 1000 samples 100% blocked) and for KSCF was a no.. again a totally unrealistic test, but some products can do it.

Reactions: Shadowra

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
well they are only quickfire tests, not meant to be in detail, im sure running a cleanup with another scanner would of got rid of the nasties and there are plenty of other detailed tests out there.

im only interested in was anything allowed to run - this was a YES
did anything communicate with the outside - this was a YES

the leftovers/post cleanup I dont care for, i got the result I was testing for (is 1000 samples 100% blocked) and for KSCF was a no.. again a totally unrealistic test, but some products can do it.
I'm sorry for wasn't clear enough before, I meant rather scanners to show more malware infection results, found by different scanners to prove in a better way your final verdict.
Anyway, I see now your main point to perform quick tests...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.