Kaspersky VS ESET VS Emsisoft - Which offers the best protection?

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hm tweaked i am pretty sure kaspersky is the winner when it comes to protection. But i would go with Emsisoft. No bloatware, they care about your privacy, great support forum and they only focusing on protection. If i where you i would test all 3 with system restore points. all 3 are good choices, choose what runes the best on your machine.

gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Thank you guys for quick response. I have kaspersky key till June eset till Feb 2019 and emsisoft till December so I can use all. My system is pretty decent so high usage is not a big concern I have kasperky running now at about 175mb in task manager and I feel no sluggish. Emsisoft is the lightest I dont even notice a change when it runs. All three companies have kept me save for years, I am just curious since I have all three what is the best. I do like the fact of emsisoft on privacy but whats the catch? lol.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Use each one's 30-day free trial Install each one for a couple of weeks and decide which you prefer. That'll let you evaluate each products' performance impact on your system too.

Edit: Mind blanked on having license keys for each product.

Last edited:

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
IMO depends on your OS

With W10 you can go easy on Emsisoft and if you work with Windows 7/8/8.1 Kaspersky would be my first choice and Eset the second.
The firewall is the one that decides many times the difference between something good or something very good and I am not comfortable with the Windows firewall in previous editions. I'm probably wrong, but "abstract thinking" I'm calmer or safer with the support of a great firewall, like the one of KIS or EIS.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
They are my top 3 solutions, imo you cant go wrong with any of those.

I prefer Emsisoft because it is lighter than Kaspersky in my machine and has a better behavior blocker compared to ESET.

I would suggest to you to trial them first and see how they run in your machine, but they are near flawless solutions.

gantrix

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 7, 2013
Thank you guys. I ahve windows 10 insider preview. I have tried all three and they work flawlessly only issue I found was either eset or emsisoft either let something change my dns or they did because It would not allow chrome to go to anysite. I use adguard for few months now got a year from a giveaway and I use heimdal just got a 3 month trial love them both. I had to reset my dns after zemana remove the dns hijacked but since then I had kaspersky on my pc. Not sure what cause the dns issue but only zemana caught it.

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Choosing one of the three will be well protected, Kaspersky has always had a powerful protection, but I have never managed to in performance, always slowed the system, but it depends on each machine, I like protection and performance, mainly because I like to play, personally I would choose the Emsisoft Anti-Malware, has protection and excellent performance, super-light wheel in my other machine, and for me the differential of the three, its support, for me the best of everything, super fast and attentive.

D

Deleted member 65228

Guys, he doesn't need to use a 30-day trial. He has a license key for all three products, he can switch to any of them as and when he pleases without spending more money!

I have kaspersky key till June eset till Feb 2019 and emsisoft till December so I can use all
Good idea, assuming you're referring to using only one at a time but at different periods in time.

You could stick with Kaspersky for now, then switch to Emsisoft for a few months, and then use ESET from when the Emsisoft license expires. Once the ESET license has expired, you could decide which product out of the three you preferred the most (taking into account a number of different factors such as system impact and trust for the vendor in question) and this can help you make a decision of which one to renew, or whether to find a different vendor to meet your needs entirely.

It's entirely up to you but at-least this way you'd get to do a proper run of each product and make a genuine decision, instead of a rushed opinion. Opinions change over time.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either of the mentioned products. In fact, Kaspersky, ESET and Emsisoft are three amazing vendors in my opinion. Any one of them will be capable of protecting you phenomenally, but remember that it's just as much your own responsibility than theirs. Your security product is only a backup buddy, it isn't alien technology.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Kaspersky is way better than Emsisoft, in my opinion.

Emsisoft detects a lot of false positives, and at times, its behavior blocker will automatically quarantine a file. In my case, it once quarantined an important file and later I was unable to restore it causing a big mess for me.

D

Deleted member 178

The firewall is the one that decides many times the difference between something good or something very good and I am not comfortable with the Windows firewall in previous editions.
The Windows Firewall didn't changed much since Win7, it is solid enough for classic users. It was only weak on XP.
Home users 3rd party software firewalls are mostly smoke unless you use those in Endpoint solutions.

Emsisoft detects a lot of false positives, and at times, its behavior blocker will automatically quarantine a file. In my case, it once quarantined an important file and later I was unable to restore it causing a big mess for me.
did you submit the files?
by default the BB is set to "auto-resolve" , you could have set it to "Alert" and you would have the decision in your hands.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.