App Review Kaspersky Free 2020 Test and Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
The video was short and I enjoyed watching it. However, I did notice something in the video that confused me:
  • 1:37 - There are 75 samples in the folder.
  • 1:53 - Full Scan completes and KSC shows that it deleted 80 objects. The tester opens the report which takes you to the quarantine. The tester states that it seems KSC has automatically deleted everything.
  • 2:08 - The tester proceeds to delete the files in the quarantine. A prompt appears asking for confirmation to delete 90 files in the quarantine. The tester corrects their previous statement and states that KSC actually quarantined them instead of deleting and proceeds to delete everything in the quarantine.
Why is there a discrepancy in the number of files?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
The video was short and I enjoyed watching it. However, I did notice something in the video that confused me:
  • 1:37 - There are 75 samples in the folder.
  • 1:53 - Full Scan completes and KSC shows that it deleted 80 objects. The tester opens the report which takes you to the quarantine. The tester states that it seems KSC has automatically deleted everything.
  • 2:08 - The tester proceeds to delete the files in the quarantine. A prompt appears asking for confirmation to delete 90 files in the quarantine. The tester corrects their previous statement and states that KSC actually quarantined them instead of deleting and proceeds to delete everything in the quarantine.
Why is there a discrepancy in the number of files?
The number can vary because there can be multiple malicious files inside one sample and Kaspersky in their quarantine shows all the items it has deleted including multiple items from same malware. This is likely the reason for different numbers but still 75, 80, 90 three different numbers are quite confusing indeed :unsure: Maybe someone else who has more experience in Kaspersky can give even a better explanation.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
The number can vary because there can be multiple malicious files inside one sample and Kaspersky in their quarantine shows all the items it has deleted including multiple items from same malware. This is likely the reason for different numbers but still 75, 80, 90 three different numbers are quite confusing indeed :unsure: Maybe someone else who has more experience in Kaspersky can give even a better explanation.
He could've test it another time with different samples and just don't clean the quarantine files.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.