Advice Request Kaspersky Interactive protection

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Is there a way to hide the prompts for certain users, so any action set to ask will automatically be denied?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum... what do You mean with certain users? different users? using the same system with different accounts or?

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hum... what do You mean with certain users? different users? using the same system with different accounts or?
Yes, that's right. I want to see prompts on my user account, and hide prompts on other user accounts.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
There's not an -oficcial- way to do this from Kaspersky's product. You could always add a password to the application so they cannot confirm any prompt, and therefore they cease to do what they were trying to do.
Yeah, I guess that's good enough. It remembers the password for the whole session, and it still locks out other user accounts from making changes. Good solution. :)

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Is there a way to hide the prompts for certain users, so any action set to ask will automatically be denied?
You may try 2018-07-19_15-53-30.png & 2018-07-19_16-12-17.png along with TAM (& password). btw, it won't allow any prompt for any user... so it won't b a specific setting for certain user rather it's tad generic. But, I think what you are asking for that will be covered by it. & regarding specific rulesets according to user , you may suggest kaspersky for that feature through my kaspersky portal. or they may add no-prompt feature in their parental control... I don't know mate. but for now, you may try the aforementioned settings. btw, why are you asking for no prompt?(if you don't mind)

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I have novice users on the other user account. I want them safe rather than sorry.
But for my user account, I want prompts.

As for now, it's not possible in that way. But, you have asked for a quite interesting feature. I'm gonna put it in suggestion through my kaspersky portal. If possibe then you may also do so.Btw, are you satisfied with any of those aforementioned suggestions as workaround?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
As for now, it's not possible in that way. But, you have asked for a quite interesting feature. I'm gonna put it in suggestion through my kaspersky portal. If possibe then you may also do so.Btw, are you satisfied with any of those aforementioned suggestions as workaround?
I am using the password protection. I didn't realize how convenient it is, because it will remember your password for the whole session. So that is doable.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
btw, even if you use password protection, you still can allow files which have been blocked by TAM without password as long as kaspersky prompts. & this is applicable for all users, afaik.
What about prompts caused by "interactive protection"?

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
What about prompts caused by "interactive protection"?
regarding delete malicious tools,adware,etc, there would be no-prompt even if you don't use password protection.

but in case of perfom recommended action automatically, there would be trouble for you. As, if you set 'select action automatically' then there would be prompt in general & if disinfections fails then any user can interact with that prompt without password even if there is password protection. there is a workaround for it, & that is 2018-07-19_16-12-17.png. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
regarding delete malicious tools,adware,etc, there would be no-prompt even if you don't use password protection.

but in case of perfom recommended action automatically, there would be trouble for you. As if you set 'select action automatically' then there would prompt if disinfections fails. & any user can interact with that prompt without password even if there is password protection. there is a workaround for it, & that is View attachment 192914. Hope it helps.
Thanks for all the clarifications. I should have checked the feature out more carefully. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.