Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Having never used Kaspersky in the past 3 years, what do you mean by lowest settings?

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
Settings like scanner and heuristics on low!!

Sorry! I didnt be descriptive in this review..

But it does quite well! :blush:

EDIT: KSN works well too..

D

Deleted member 178

Why don't just let it by stock settings...since most users will never touch the settings.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Why don't just let it by stock settings...since most users will never touch the settings.

I will be doing this to all AV's...i am curious to see how do av's tackle threats when they are screwed!! :p

D

Deleted member 178

so the reviews will be pointless, since nobody will decrease the security level or Heuristics, the ones that will touch it will only increase it. Just stay rational.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Good review.
Its better if we have some screenshot of ram usage and malware removals.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
Stranger said:
Good review.
Its better if we have some screenshot of ram usage and malware removals.

Sorry but i dont make removal tests i find it fruitless...I have my own rules..

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
so the reviews will be pointless, since nobody will decrease the security level or Heuristics, the ones that will touch it will only increase it. Just stay rational.

No they wont...the readers must understand...that they must know how good their AV's are while they are screwed!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Pics... or it don't exists. :p :D

It's just a few screenshots of the settings or blocked malware.

Example:
Lowest settings could haven't KSN is Off for someone else.

What's KSN stand for? That's Kaspersky's cloud?

D

Deleted member 178

Reducing the heuristics or setting is not screwing the AV, an Avs is screwed when it is disabled totally. A malware or an hacker will just shut down it, not reducing the level.
(just my opinion)

feel free to do your own ruleset.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
Reducing the heuristics or setting is not screwing the AV, an Avs is screwed when it is disabled totally.

I know..these type of tests will give a good idea to users...how a AV does with low settings...testing its max capabilites at lowest preferences...

P

Plexx

You better off test it on stock settings.
Exactly what do your tests consist since there is hardly any information apart from your opinion?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I would recommend stock settings. IF you put it to low settings its just a waste of time as real world results are always better and greater. Its like doing a running race with all properly built participants and one lame runner. Expecting the lame runner to not come last is out of question But do as you please. Kaspersky is a great AV though.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Not really a descriptive review, but Kasperksy has it's good points and it's bad points. Some of the features that I like all the settings that you can change in it. Like you said malwarekiller I've noticed that it does slow the machine down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.