Status
Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
License keys usually have an activation period when you have to insert the key into the product before the key becomes unusable. I don't know what kind of license Kaspersky is offering exactly on this Newegg promo. You better call their support if they know to help.

Your options could be to buy 1, 2 or 3 Years of subscription

Reactions: Ali80

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
also you need to be aware of certain regional restrictions when activating also.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not sure on its technical pattern since first, 1 User per computer and no wonder if license keys have different characters.

Last edited:

mojaveron

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 27, 2013
Thanks to all for the Reply, I have decided to purchase one for now since I have no experience with Kaspersky products it will allow me plenty of time to evaluate it.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
it is better to purchase an antivirus directly from the developer.

First of all you almost never actually buy directly from the company, even it you buy it on www.kaspersky.com. You are buying from a third-party platform like DigitalRiver, Cleverbridge and the likes. Your connection to Kaspersky is no different than buying it from Amazon. Secondly the products on the on-site store are intentionally over-priced in order to not compete with the retailers. So by buying from kaspersky.com all you achieve is wasting money on another third-party vendor.

The only advantage of purchasing directly on-site is the refund policy.

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
First of all you almost never actually buy directly from the company, even it you buy it on www.kaspersky.com. You are buying from a third-party platform like DigitalRiver, Cleverbridge and the likes. Your connection to Kaspersky is no different than buying it from Amazon. Secondly the products on the on-site store are intentionally over-priced in order to not compete with the retailers. So by buying from kaspersky.com all you achieve is wasting money on another third-party vendor.

The only advantage of purchasing directly on-site is the refund policy.
I know, I understand retail chain - online purchase process. Have you read the news from Kaspersky blog??
The point is that the buyer does not fall into the trap of low prices - FRAUD. Hundreds of sellers offer boxed KIS and other security solutions for prices up to 1.5 to 10 times lower than our normal price. In such cases, one cannot help but buy several licenses for the price of one. However, too low a price is often the first sign that the seller is a fraud.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
In most cases it's not fraud but easily explicable. Many resellers buy wholesale old boxed versions from across the world, which can no longer be sold in the retail stores because the label on the box no longer states the actual year, but of course these licenses are still good for activation.

For example, if I want to activate the German version of KIS 2015 I can do so with the keycode from a two year old Polish or Italian boxed version with an inch of dust on it. This is why most licenses are so cheap, not because of fraud. Of course Kaspersky wants me to pay the fantasy prices on their homepage and that's why they are suggesting through the grapevine that I could become the vicitim of fraud.

Of course there is always the possibility of fraud, but even if two out of three bought keys are going to be blacklisted and I have to buy a third one, it's still cheaper than the fantasy prices on their homepage. I for one have been buying keys for AVs on ebay for years and not a single one has been blacklisted yet, even though the scoundrels from that blog page are suggesting otherwise.

In my opinion it's a despicable borderline criminal act to put the entire second-hand market under the general suspicion of fraud. Typical AV vendor scare tactics, if you ask me, though in accordance with the best traditions of this business.

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
I agree. You did not understand me. The point is that customers need to be a little more careful. Nothing more. No one accuses resellers for fraud. For example, on 4-fourth December 2014 you find boxed Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 - which costs $ 5 ... That would be fine if it is a KIS 2012 ... The point is that customers think a little before they buy something.
@mojaveron Newegg deal is OK---i post news from Kaspersky blog because it has to do with the topic - buying education, nothing more :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FleischmannTV

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
NewEgg is a reputable seller however I would'nt purchase 2 in hopes that one will be good for activation in a year.However if you have a Kaspersky account it allows you to add unactivated licenses to your account and activate that unactivated license after the original expires.However I would suggest purchasing 1 and then in a year I an sure you can find a similar deal

soccer97

Level 11
Verified
May 22, 2014
Based on their migration policies, yes, that is doable. If you are referring to the rebate offer, note the terms and conditions (Limit 1 per household and per version). You would only receive on rebate (It takes 3-4 months to receive the check - keep a copy of all submitted materials as you must submit the originals.

Read here: http://support.kaspersky.com/11205

D

Deleted member 2913

Does this version also have the option & enabled by default "Trust programs with valid digital signature"?

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes it has the option "Trust programs with valid digital signature" but you can disable it - it is found in application control.

Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.