Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 is good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkent

Thread author
Aug 20, 2017
Hi,

What do you think about Kaspersky Internet Security 2018? After configuration provides enough security or do you recommend any additional security programs (without large losses of system performance)?

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Actually, KIS is about as secure as it gets (aside from sensible browsing and download habits) short before turning off your computer.

You might want to read up on fine-tuning the settings a bit right here on the board and you should be all set. :)

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I'd make sure that you have at least 2 backups of your important data, and keep this regularly updated. I would also suggest a password manager- the one that comes with Kaspersky is probably OK.

Kaspersky gets good reviews, but it can still let malware through its net sometimes. Common sense is always your biggest security asset.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You can tweak Kaspersky to achieve very tight security, but that doesn't mean this is the easiest route to do it.
If you are looking for a default/deny setup, you might find it easier and more effective to combo Kaspersky with another app such as VoodooShield or NVT ERP.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If you set Kaspersky well enough (IS or beyond) it can cover almost all your weak points. I used to have lots of program along with it and i ended up uninstalling them all.

Application Control well configured can be used as a default-deny solution.

Configure it for maximum security and there's no need for anything else. Of course, if you ignore alerts or disable it, there are no enough programs to protect you.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
By default the kis has a good configuration. If you configure it well, it is almost invincible, and I say almost because in the windows nothing is 100%.

Last edited:

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
For 99.9% - Kaspersky is enough along with some decent ad-blocker, password manager & safe browsing habits.
For 00.1% - Use a decent backup/imaging solution.

As already suggested here, use some good settings in Kaspersky to unlock it's hidden potentials.

Regards.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Kasperksy Internet Security is very, very strong. Using it with VodooShield etc. (like other said) is O-V-E-R-K-I-L-L and not a good option! But Kaspersky should be always the last option to choose. It grants many Windows privileges and bugs can compromite Kaspersky easily..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.