-Very very fast scanning
-Lots of processes but about 60mb max
-Web Link scanner is amazing but only works in Firefox or Internet explorer

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From Whole Product Dynamic Testing from March-June 2011 (AV-Comparatives), F-secure percentage of 99.2% while Kasperksy have 98.2%.

bonnod

Aug 27, 2011
For almost 6 years have I been using Kaspersky from version 6.0 to its latest version Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. Though generally considered as a RAM eater while a full scan is performed, Kaspersky IS improving at its RAM usage starting from version 2010. As I see it, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012's nothing new other than the revamped interface and the additional Cloud Protection. Compared to the lasted version of Kaspersky, I prefer the previous version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. But given a chance, I would like to try F-Secure.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Kaspersky with modified and hardened settings can provide better protection in my opinion.
Talking from default settings I am going with F-Secure.

bonnod

Aug 27, 2011
For almost 6 years have I been using Kaspersky from version 6.0 to its latest version Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. Though generally considered as a RAM eater while a full scan is performed, Kaspersky IS improving at its RAM usage starting from version 2010. As I see it, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012's nothing new other than the revamped interface and the additional Cloud Protection. Compared to the latest version of Kaspersky, I prefer the previous version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. But given a chance, I would like to try F-Secure.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I'm going with Kaspersky since it works good when I used the 2012 Version. F-Secure also works excellent with Default Settings, It just comes down to personal preferences since both products performs good.

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
If the outright detection was the sole scoring criteria there aren't many products that can challenge the excellent protection of F-Secure.

They have managed to come out of mediocre obscurity and are showing BitDefender [for one] how much better [both performance and protection] their products could have been.

It is also amazing that they can achieve these results pretty much with "out-of-the-box" settings - there aren't that many tweaks to play with, the intelligent design and excellent usability prove F-Secure's philosophy - you can take almost full control and not give many options to the users, but you can be respectful and not overbearing at the same time. A proof that unobtrusive and powerful can coexist. But that's what my cerebral self says.

KIS 2012 surprised me in a lot of good ways, though. The performance issues seem to be a thing of the past [although in outright comparison it trails F-Secure], and the bonanza of options says a lot about the consideration and effort that was part of the design and development. Application Control is excellent, the online protection is very well thought out and comprehensive. With KIS I feel a lot more like I'm in the driver's seat, unlike F-Secure where the feeling is I'm along for the ride. And I respect that KIS gives me the ability to make my own luck.

The clinical encapsulated efficiency of F-Secure or the painstaking thoroughness of KIS?

The heart takes a back seat in this tough comparison - F-Secure gets my vote.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I would vote for KIS 2012 because of it's many tweaking possibilites and features.The main downside for this product would be the resource usage (CPU Usage).
F-Secure 2011 is a great and very user friendly product,very suited for security newbies.What I would really love to see in F-Secure would be a greater visibility for their Deep guard which at this point it's hidden deep down into the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.