Eset Internet Security ver. 14
In-depth Comparison

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
The idea came to analyze the test results of antivirus laboratories AV-test and AV-Comparatives in order to see which antiviruses are the leaders today. And after analyzing the results of 2020, it is clear that the ESET IS has clearly improved in protection and receives a rating of three stars in different categories and almost the maximum in the AV-test. Kaspersky IS is also still at the top. Which one would you prefer?

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
I just spent a few days with ESET IS and honestly unless you have a super dated machine that feels strained by KTS, KTS is the better product. Kaspersky’s a much better full suite where each detection module is top notch (reputation based application control, static heuristics, dynamic behavior blocking, cloud zero day detection, IPS). ESET 14 is not too different from ESET 13. Given that some of the exploit mitigation in ATP tests have significantly improved I believe ESET, but the release notes describing more dynamic behavior blocking seems to be somewhat overstated.
From a UI standpoint, Kaspersky also blends in better with the system by using standard Windows notifications where possible. Certain flows like visiting sites with self signed HTTPS certificates feel more intuitive in Kaspersky too.
In my opinion the ESET module that scans your network subnet and gives alerts for each newly detected IP address is a little overkill and shouldn’t be on by default.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.