Battle Kaspersky IS or Norton Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_wielder

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have been a Kaspersky user for years and I have no complaints. I was curious 2 months ago and I installed and tried Bitdefender Total Security, I had no problems with bitdefender, only sometimes it used too much resources . I'm using Kaspersky IS again now :) . I haven't used the Norton 360 for years and I wonder if I need to use norton program ? Can you say Norton's advantages and disadvantages against kaspersky ?
Actually, Bitdefender also confuses me because it has file protection against ransomware.
Thx.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Not much between them, I have licences for both as others have said Norton is lighter & for me a much better interface & firewall adjuster, KIS maybe slightly better protection. Norton has VPN & backup though it seems you don't need it, two of my favourite AV's - I would try them both as every PC is different before you buy.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
The truth is that I am pleasantly surprised with KIS. As for consumption and lightness, it does not slow down at all, neither in navigation nor when opening programs, although I do not have a powerful PC.

Screenshot_1.png

dark_wielder

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 7, 2020
The truth is that I am pleasantly surprised with KIS. As for consumption and lightness, it does not slow down at all, neither in navigation nor when opening programs, although I do not have a powerful PC.

View attachment 234555

It really got lighter in the last version. I use KIS at the highest settings and it uses 85 Mb, which is incredible.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019

View attachment 234555
They do get better from years ago, it's impressive.

But I still note some difference between KIS and Norton, it's close, but Norton is still faster navigating the web and opening some softwares.

So, Kaspersky and Norton are the 2 companies that I trust most.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.