Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Russian computer security biz Kaspersky Lab is working closely with Russia's intelligence services and gathering information on its customers, it has been claimed.

An exposé, published by Bloomberg, details allegations that since 2012 Kaspersky has been replacing senior management staff with those close to the Russian Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB). Six current and former employees of Kaspersky said the software firm is providing information to Russian spy hive the FSB to help it in criminal investigations.

In a statement to El Reg, Kaspersky Lab points out that it works with law enforcement around the world, so long as requests are legal under local and international laws. It also said users can opt out of sending information back to the company if they wish.

Full Article

original

original

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Just the same for Qihoo. Isn't it funny when members say "I trust this antivirus", and "I'm wary about this antivirus".
Qihoo is known to have used deceptive marketing tactics so I wouldn't trust it imho (there is another reason, but it's personal).

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much about AVs cooperating with law enforcement agencies - after all they can leverage the law to force the vendors to hand over information (Malwarebytes stated this very clearly in their EULA). IMO it's a necessary evil to keep your machine safe (not that there was any proof of such agencies taking information from vendors anyway)

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
The only known countries at the moment are the United States and the UK. The USA has been paying encryption software companies millions of dollars to create back-doors in their software so they can ease drop on whoever they like, they hack other countries world leaders i.e., Angela Merkel, even threatening Germany over Edward Snowden. Who on earth do they think they are, god? I praise Edward Snowden for showing us the truth about what our Governments are doing. Russia stores their info/data which goes through their servers for 12hrs, the new NSA building in Utah will store data for 30-40yrs, allowing them to go back on everything, from emails to your web searches, and Barack Obama says his Government is open and honest, yeah right. Snowden said he could hack the President’s email within minutes, that’s the President!

Reactions: tallorder

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Or I don't work for any company, and I don't like them for a reason.
I wasn't talking about you. In China you've cut-throat competition among vendors and smear campaigns against each other. Just let it pass and let the product do the talking.

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.