Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
It is why all AV sucks :D (that is my motto ^^ )
Like I say though the same could be said about MS and the US government, but we still use windows because we know at the end of the day all of this is just politics and propaganda.

Edit to add: Thank you for the share it was a good read. I think we can all do ourselves a favour by letting governments argue with each other.

Last edited:

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I didn't vote, because I don't feel that it's a matter of explicit trust for me to trust an a-v/security program to use for my purposes. I would trust Kas on my PCs, but I don't know if it's a good idea for the US government to trust them. I don't believe they are spying for anyone, because the consequences would be too grave if the company were caught.

If anything we should be concerned about the US government's ties with MS, but, again that's just conspiracy theory.

Personally this concerns me far moreso, because these two entities can become dangerously dependent on each other. Throw power blind megalomaniacs in the mix and who knows what can happen. Who would know better how to hack Windows than MS? All they need is a few seconds during updates or of standard operating system run-time and they can have anything they want more or less. MS doesn't inspire much confidence with their EULAs, especially ones like the OneDrive EULA...

D

Deleted member 178

And honestly , how can you imagine a giant tech company from a country wouldn't "help" the said country to spy on others and gain financial and politic advantages... if i was a CEO of a giant tech, man , i would spy on everybody ? why?

because :

1- "knowledge is power"
2- if i don't help , other will do and i would be a target instead of the predator.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
And honestly , how can you imagine a giant tech company from a country wouldn't "help" the said country to spy on others and gain financial and politic advantages... if i was a CEO of a giant tech, man , i would spy on everybody ? why?

because : "knowledge is power"
makes perfect sense why Appguard is getting all those Homeland security awards now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.