Advice Request Kaspersky Scan Secure Connections

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello to all,

on Kaspersky Internet Security as long as I keep the feature off. All works well! :D

When I enable the feature to Scan Secure Connections allot of Applications have a huge issue and will not connect to the Internet.

The Root Certificate is installed as much as I can tell things work like they should. But what about the Applications that need Internet too and rely on a secure connection.

For example:

GoG-Galaxy (No Connection) When feature is enabled!

Warframe (Has partial Connection) - Launcher - OK / Game - Partial (Ports are Closed for some reason!)

Browsers: Firefox - OK / Internet Explorer - OK / Chrome - OK / Edge - FAIL!!! (No Connection)

Checked Firewall settings - Created Exclusions and Trusted Application Rules - No success.

I would love to have that feature active but in terms of functionality it is disabled - For now!!! :p

Sincerely
Val.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Did You try to create an Exclusion of encrypted traffic for those application?
Sin título.png
For IE/Edge, check that there are no duplicates of "KL Root Certificates" in Windows Manager for certificates, keeping always the most updated of the current installed version.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
a lot of people have problems with scan secure connections, and not just from Kaspersky. I always turn it off, no matter what AV I am using.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
I am sad to read that this feature makes such issues...

So what I did is install Adguard Pro and disabled the Anti-Banner + Secure Connection Scanner. -.-

Best way would be that Kaspersky would buy of Adguard and implement that solution to the AV Suite instead. :p

Sincerely
Val.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am sad to read that this feature makes such issues...

So what I did is install Adguard Pro and disabled the Anti-Banner + Secure Connection Scanner. -.-

Best way would be that Kaspersky would buy of Adguard and implement that solution to the AV Suite instead. :p

Sincerely
Val.
if you are interested in web protection, you always have that, from the kaspersky browser add-on. The scanning of secure connections is not needed for that. You only need this scanning function for special features like parental control and banking protection etc.
Nevertheless, adguard is good, and it performs a different function: it blocks ads.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In general I never had such issues with scan secure connections in default settings...

Usually those issues with Kaspersky certificate issues connections are because:

1.- Time/date system BIOS/Windows system wrong data -> delete current "Kaspersky Root Certificate" from Windows Certificate Manager(IE, Chrome, Edge) and from FireFox own Certificate Manager (tab Authorities) and install again the current Kaspersky product certificate -> Settings -> Additional -> NetWork -> Scan Encrypted Connections -> Advanced Setting -> Install Certificate-

2.- Duplicates of "Kaspersky Root Certificate" (from previous Kaspersky installed products) in Windows Certificate Manager and FireFox own Certificate Manager -> delete all "Kaspersky Root Certificate" and install it again, see point 1.

3.- If some application has issues with secure scanning, create an Exclusion for encrypted traffic in Settings -> Additional -> Threats & Exclusions -> Specify Trusted Applications.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello at all,

just to Keep you all up to date. Since Firefox has given me troubles I have uninstalled it!

Why is easily explained:

As I tried to execute Firefox I needed to wait for about 1 to 3 min. to start.

Addons Installed was:

- Lastpass
- Kaspersky Addon

Now I switched from Firefox to Edge and it seems to workout well. It executes very fast but the dictionary part that it is linked with the Windows Language is suxxx.

Around the system it self Kaspersky behaves O.k. and nonintrusive. Lets see how well this combo works out...

Best regards
Val.

P.S.: @harlan4096 did all that GoG Galaxy hates it! Still huge issues up to the point that Edge does not want to Browse Internet anymore!

Reactions: shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.