Kaspersky Security Scan (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fast, free-of-charge security scanning for your PC

Kaspersky Security Scan provides a free-of-charge, easy way to find viruses and other threats that may be hidden on your PC… plus get advice on your PC’s security status.

Link for more information

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Hmm, The link you provided directs me to
Code:
https://www.kasperskyanz.com.au/kaspersky_internet_security

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
MrXidus said:
Hmm, The link you provided directs me to
Code:
https://www.kasperskyanz.com.au/kaspersky_internet_security

Site looks good I get somewhat the same thing although I'm in a different country I would expect that. It's just the Kaspersky 2012 IS part of the site.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@MrXidus,

Try,
http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/security-scan

Or navigate through using .AU Kaspersky (your region).
Edit: Unless it's not ready yet.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
How about use the global website? Definitely it will show the direct link properly.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Just a scanner, no removal capabilities. Clicking Fix Now will open a page to buy full versions. I can't even view details about the detected malware.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
bogdan said:
Just a scanner, no removal capabilities. Clicking Fix Now will open a page to buy full versions. I can't even view details about the detected malware.

Long story short. Useless gimick to try to get a few more sales. I'll stick to ESET & DrWeb free scanners. :rolleyes:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
It might be a bug since there is a "Details" button but clicking it does nothing on my PC.
Kaspersky still has an excellent Rescue CD that we can use for free, so I can't complain too much about the lack of removal capabilities in this product.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bogdan said:

Yes,this software it's mostly used as a way to make you buy their product..... Kaspersky is not the first company who does this kind of thing but we did have some greater expectation from them.. :)
Nevertheless I think that we can use the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to scan and actually remove the detect threats!
5RgcB.png

As for Kaspersky Security Scan , as long as it doesn't allow free malware removal it's just a useless advertising product!!

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
i don't like it at all

at least show me what it doing during the Progress ?

the Removal tool Far more supperior

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.