Advice Request Kaspersky Total Security or ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

The best of the two?

• Kaspersky Total Security

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • BitDefender Total Security

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksbf11

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2018
Hi guys,
I'm considering buying an antivirus and I'm undecided between two products: Kaspersky Total Security and BitDefender Total Security. Which do you recommend and why? Thanks for the answers!

elquenunca

Level 3
Verified
Dec 23, 2017
BitDefender Total Security
but I like it more eset
as I said before I prefer bitdefender to kaspersky since I use eset
my opinion about kaspersky and bitdefender in almost all the av tests are the ones that come out better but I say this in my case I prefer to use eset for several reasons among them
1- my computer I think is better suited to eset than to kaspersky or bitdefender
2 - Eset barely bothers or you notice their presence
3-I think eset is a good product and I like it
4-maybe in comparisons eset is below kaspersky or bitdefender but I'm sure I'm well protected

Last edited:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I am not going to give you my opinion as i do not like getting into lengthy discussions about why one AV is better than another. Or this company is more trustworthy than this one.

My only advice is to try both of them out. Pick one you would like to try first. Use their 30 day or whatever, free trial. Mess around with the settings. See how it reacts on your device. Then move onto the other. Try everything the product offers.

I will forewarn you however that your going to get fanboys of both saying negative things about the other product. Your also probably going to get answers for products you didn't ask about.

So please do yourself a favor and try out the products yourself. My opinion.

ksbf11

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2018
You are partially right, you can have positive or negative opinions on both products, this is right. I tried both products and I honestly do not know which one to choose, since I'm totally undecided. 50% for one and 50% for the other. I would like to know which product you consider best and why, they can not be the same. One of the two must be better.

Reactions: Weebarra

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
You are correct. They are different. I'm just letting you know of the opinions you will come across. Some of the threads in the past based upon discussions like this, tend to result sometimes in heated discussions. I'm not trying to discourage you from asking. Just trying to give a friendly forewarning. I hope someone gives you the answer your looking for. :)

ksbf11

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2018
Yes brother, you were kind, do not worry.
Anyway opening this discussion, I noticed this entry:
Bundled with PUP: I put 'None'
What does Bundled with PUP mean, just out of curiosity?

Poccie

Level 1
Verified
May 4, 2018
I'd go for bitdefender if i had only the given options. Ony my system bitdefender simply performs better than Kaspersky. Security wise both options are more then good enough for 90% of the home users (just like every other big brand IS suite)
Ever considered eset or g data? Two awesome alternatives in my opinion, both performance and security wise.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
To start, PUP stands for Potentially Unwanted Program. If you did not know. You will find sometimes when installing a product, the installation window will feature or offer an additional piece of software they recommend you to install. A lot of times its something you don't want or need. You will see most of the time the check box is already checked for it to install with the main installation. Hence "bundled". Always have to pay attention when installing any application. CCleaner installation is a good example. Now i am not claiming that Chrome or Avast as PUPs but when you go to install CCleaner. The installation window will feature either Google Chrome being recommended and now i hear frequently its Avast being offered.

ksbf11

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2018
I agree with you, but just before opening this discussion I had to answer this question, where I had to choose one of the answers, and I did not understand what it means, surely you too will have visualized this question.

Bundled with PUP: Contains unwanted or sponsored software / None.

Last edited:

ksbf11

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2018
Poccie, I looked at the other antivirus, but I think BD and KS the two top of the range. Like Iphone and Samsung approximately

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
As others have said both are good options. If neither gave you any trouble during their trial period go for the one which ou think has the better interface or better price. For normal use they provide similar protection.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Here is a visual if this helps. I do not mean to pick on CCleaner or Avast. It just shows a good example.

As you can see below, CCleaner installation offers Avast to be included. If an "Average Joe" for example is not paying any attention, then he/she could windup having two AV's installed on their device. Which is known to cause issues.

1528471606440.png

ksbf11

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for the explanations. However, I did not understand why, before opening this discussion, I received this message concerning the PUP as I wrote before.

ksbf11

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2018
Ok, thanks! If someone knows the answer naturally it is welcome. Regarding the KS interface I find it more fascinating than BD, while for the price BD costs about half price, and if you receive good offers, you can buy it at a bargain price. Besides the fact that with KS you have only 1 device and with BD 5 devices. Of course we have shareable opinions or not, the important that everyone expresses them judgment, we are also here to compare the products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.