Kaspersky TS 2018 patch C problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas7

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 13, 2017
Hi. I updated Kaspersky Total Security 2018 on PC from patch "b" to "c" without problems, but when i patch my kaspersky to "c" on laptop kaspersky get broke everytime. It says some things are missing and auto shotdown. I tryed several times to install reinstall patch "c" but always same problem. Does anyone know solution? Sorry for bad english and thank you

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Patch C is in fact early beta stage of the patch, it was released today! if You are not going to beta test Patch C, the stable release is K2018b... so You should revert to standard servers to Patch B...

Atlas7

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 13, 2017
Patch C is in fact early beta stage of the patch, it was released today! if You are not going to beta test Patch C, the stable release is K2018b... so You should revert to standard servers to Patch B...
Well i revert to patch B. but still dont know why this happen because my laptop and pc have same setup... thank you =)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Well i revert to patch B. but still dont know why this happen because my laptop and pc have same setup... thank you =)
So the culprit is probably the special drivers that your laptop has. It surely has different hardware from your desktop, and that means different drivers.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
How did You revert to Patch B:
! | In most cases, disabling the test update server does not result in updating from the public servers. Then you need to make additional steps to return to the default update servers: manually update the product from any of usual servers for example Kaspersky Lab - antivirus protection - download once. Afterwards you can disable all update sources except "Kaspersky Lab update servers".

If that does not work, just try to uninstall and run a clean install of K2018...

Reactions: Berny

How did You revert to Patch B:

If that does not work, just try to uninstall and run a clean install of K2018...

I never understood why they made it like that. Instead I don't even bother with the servers and just do a clean reinstall. Saves so many problems and headaches.

Reactions: harlan4096

Atlas7

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 13, 2017
After updateing to patch C what does have problems on laptop, I uninstall kaspersky 2018 patch c and download installer from kaspersky.com after that i try again to install and patch to c but again same problem, after that i just reinstall to patch b

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.