App Review Kaspersky vs Bitdefender Free | Test vs Malware (TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Both are really good.

Kaspersky for advanced users who want to change settings and tweak.

Bitdefender for general users, home users who want automated, install and forget AV with almost zero annoying or asking you things.

Great video bug it's a shame he didn't run 2nd opinion scanners
Agree, and didn't see the final status of both PCs.

L

Local Host

Both are really good.

Bitdefender for general users, home users who want automated, install and forget AV with almost zero annoying or asking you things.

Kaspersky is pretty much install and forget, it comes with proper settings out of the box.

miguelang611

Level 2
Apr 13, 2020
[/QUOTE]
Both are really good.

I agree on the zero annoying side, but I think as our partner:
Kaspersky is pretty much install and forget, it comes with proper settings out of the box.
Kaspersky has excellent settings out of the box... HOWEVER, it also gives u the ability to tweak it as preferred, which is great!!
Running an offline test would also be something good, since I guess there would really be a difference between both!

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Kaspersky is really good but I don't like this test.
I don't like these kinds of tests either, it doesn't show a real-world scenario, maybe just the performance comments is accurate.

I agree on the zero annoying side, but I think as our partner:

Kaspersky has excellent settings out of the box... HOWEVER, it also gives u the ability to tweak it as preferred, which is great!!
Running an offline test would also be something good, since I guess there would really be a difference between both!
Sure, Kasperksy is great out of the box too.

I'm just saying BD doesn't prompt you for actions like disinfecting etc, better for inexperienced users (like my parents and my brother haha)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Sure, Kasperksy is great out of the box too.

I'm just saying BD doesn't prompt you for actions like disinfecting etc, better for inexperienced users (like my parents and my brother haha)
You can change the settings and have similar experience without annoyances .
Personally I use a special unbloated version of KSCF from a Russian fourm for silent nag free installation and modified the script to include my settings.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm actually undecided between KSC Family pack or BD Family pack when I renew my licenses next year as I'll be buying a computer for the kids (4 and 6 by the time I buy). I really like BD's Parental Controls, silent dealing with problems and Central but I'd miss Kaspersky's tweaking on my own computers...

The Ordynary

Level 3
Apr 26, 2020
Bitdefender if you put a pup detector in it reaches 100%, what passed was just pups, main weak point, its behavior module is good but still inferior to that of kaspersky, the bitdefender behavior module is kind of paranoid, blocking some pdf converters, I'm looking forward to version 2021 hopefully they get better and bring a pup detector.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I'm actually undecided between KSC Family pack or BD Family pack when I renew my licenses next year as I'll be buying a computer for the kids (4 and 6 by the time I buy). I really like BD's Parental Controls, silent dealing with problems and Central but I'd miss Kaspersky's tweaking on my own computers...

Go with Kaspersky and don't look back...better support then Bitdefender (I can show you right now on forum, topics - 2 weeks old - no response from them) , not buggy (at least on my PC/laptop) BUT you can give a try for 30 days and see what's feel better on your system.

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Same here, but never tried BD parental controls, come integrated with BTS or have to download a separate software?

Central is very handy for me since when I out I can received a message on my phone if something happens.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Go with Kaspersky and don't look back...better support then Bitdefender (I can show you right now on forum, topics - 2 weeks old - no response from them) , not buggy (at least on my PC/laptop) BUT you can give a try for 30 days and see what's feel better on your system.

I currently have licenses for both... it's the other characteristics that make me undecided. Bitdefender Central and Parental Controls are really good, way more informative than Kaspersky's, both run light in the family's computers I tested but the lack of configurability drives me crazy on my own computers :)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Same here, but never tried BD parental controls, come integrated with BTS or have to download a separate software?

Central is very handy for me since when I out I can received a message on my phone if something happens.

Integrated in BTS. It easily classifies not only sites but games and applications according to the child's age. Kaspersky does too but has some crazy classifications such as stopping a game age 0+ from running because it's a game...

You can of course tell it's ok to run but meanwhile you have a screaming kid that just wanted to play his game :)

Last edited:

fabiobr

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
I currently have licenses for both... it's the other characteristics that make me undecided. Bitdefender Central and Parental Controls are really good, way more informative than Kaspersky's, both run light in the family's computers I tested but the lack of configurability drives me crazy on my own computers :)
How much is Bitdefender and Kaspersky in your country?

Reactions: DDE_Server

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.