App Review Kaspersky vs Bitdefender | Tested vs Malware (TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
It is not a conclusive test to determine which is "light or heavy". It's about prioritizing processes when software finds and removes threats. An ordinary user may never be in this situation to eliminate hundreds of threats. Under normal usage conditions, BitDefender is under Kaspersky's resource consumption. The fact that BitDefender uses more RAM can be a good thing. Empty RAM is useless - It was also discussed here - Why antivirus uses so much RAM – And why that is actually a good thing!

Add: And when I say "resource consumption" I mean the general impact on the system and not the RAM usage.
Look the video at 3:00 min. 100% CPU :emoji_grimacing:

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
Looks like we hoped for nothing. Follow me what I meant: when scans, BitDefender can use more resources than any other software, in this case Kaspersky. But under other conditions, its impact on the system is minimal. This is due to the technologies implemented in the product. You can not take this test as a benchmark, to say which is light or heavy. And this is not what I am saying, but many other independent tests that give bitdefender a lot easier than kaspersky.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Looks like we hoped for nothing. Follow me what I meant: when scans, BitDefender can use more resources than any other software, in this case Kaspersky. But under other conditions, its impact on the system is minimal. This is due to the technologies implemented in the product. You can not take this test as a benchmark, to say which is light or heavy. And this is not what I am saying, but many other independent tests that give bitdefender a lot easier than kaspersky.
I have tried both products a lot of times. I never found more lightweight the Bitdefender.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
If you tweak both products for absolute maximum protection Kaspersky internet security will run rings around Bitdefender. Kaspersky's Application control is solid at default but once tweaked if offers amazing protection as does Trusted Application mode and the firewall if you tweak it correctly.

a few years ago i ran Bitdefender for a while and I came across a few bugs, that, when reported to them on their forums they didn't seem to care. I dropped it and tried it again about 6 months later and it was just buggy and, at the time Bitdefender's customer service was absolutely terrible. I don't know what Kaspersky's customer service is like as I've never had to contact them for anything.

Kaspersky has always been the better product in my opinion for years and years Kaspersky has consistently offered top notch security their products have just always been a cut above again, in my personal opinion. The only real problem Kaspersky had for a very long time was how heavy KIS was, it was pretty much unusable it was that heavy, but even that's changed now.

Nestor

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 21, 2018
If you tweak both products for absolute maximum protection Kaspersky internet security will run rings around Bitdefender. Kaspersky's Application control is solid at default but once tweaked if offers amazing protection as does Trusted Application mode and the firewall if you tweak it correctly.

a few years ago i ran Bitdefender for a while and I came across a few bugs, that, when reported to them on their forums they didn't seem to care. I dropped it and tried it again about 6 months later and it was just buggy and, at the time Bitdefender's customer service was absolutely terrible. I don't know what Kaspersky's customer service is like as I've never had to contact them for anything.

Kaspersky has always been the better product in my opinion for years and years Kaspersky has consistently offered top notch security their products have just always been a cut above again, in my personal opinion. The only real problem Kaspersky had for a very long time was how heavy KIS was, it was pretty much unusable it was that heavy, but even that's changed now.
The only problem imo with Kaspersky is completeley absent dealing with pup's and pua's and Bitdefender also.Can be very annoying for anyone destroying Kaspersky's reputation to a simple user and that's a pitty.

Last edited:

cătălin

Level 1
Verified
Jun 21, 2018
Overall, i agree with that, the quality of Kaspersky products is over BitDefender, as I said.
BitDefender has to work on the quality of the final products, which has been bugged in recent years.
If they succeed in stabilizing the product in this way (refer to home products) they will probably be the best (sorry for my english).

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Overall, i agree with that, the quality of Kaspersky products is over BitDefender, as I said.
BitDefender has to work on the quality of the final products, which has been bugged in recent years.
If they succeed in stabilizing the product in this way (refer to home products) they will probably be the best (sorry for my english).
Don't apologize for your English you should be proud you have taught yourself another language. I think it's great that people such as yourself take the time and make the effort to learn another language, more of us should do it. And, Your English is perfectly fine you should be proud.

I agree - If Bitdefender just spent more time refining their products instead of just selling buggy products they'd have amazing security software.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Don't apologize for your English you should be proud you have taught yourself another language. I think it's great that people such as yourself take the time and make the effort to learn another language, more of us should do it. And, Your English is perfectly fine you should be proud.

Yes, bravo to non-English-speaking members for diving in!

No comment on BD!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.