Battle Kaspersky vs Eset

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammarmasooma

Thread author
Aug 19, 2012
guys this war is always on on my head.so please help me out.
im not a gamer.
i surf and make some presentations and documents.
i need optimum protection with optimum performance..
my specs
win7(64bit
4gb ram
AMD dual core

P

Plexx

ZeroDay said:
Kis hands down, Eset isn't what it used to be.

Keyword of OP being Optimum, Kaspersky might be a bit heavy on OP's system.

@OP: You are looking at AV version or IS version?

Does it have to be a paid solution?

When you say you surf, what type of browsing habits?

What exactly are you looking for in terms of decent/optimal protection on either solution?

Do you mind having multiple patches as opposed to less patches?

Do you mind long scanning times as opposed to relatively fast scanning times?

These questions would help narrow down some opinions which are bound to appear shortly.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
KIS 2013 for Optimum Protection.As for Optimum Performance I have to agree with Alex that KIS 2013 Might be a bit heavy for your system.I think it really depends on what you want more, Performance or Protection.Since performance varies based on the users system and Protection is very important you have to decide based on your setup.

The best way to decide is to try each suite and see how it performs on your system.ESS 6 is very good but it uses more memory than ESS version 5.Both suites have good features but having used both I feel that KIS 2013 provides better protection.

P

Plexx

Right here's the bottom line: Neither can give you Optimum Performance and Protection (for reasons that have been explained throughout the lifespan of MT) so we have some ways around:

A) test both and decide for yourself <-- slightly more time consuming option (usually most recommended option)

B) Heads for Optimum Performance, Tails for Optimum Protection. Flip a coin. Whatever comes out, stick to it.

C) Neither and stick to Windows Defender (W8) or Microsoft Security Essentials (W7) and just pair up some general common sense and an on-demand scanner if you think you would want to have a safety net.

ammarmasooma

Thread author
Aug 19, 2012
ok so heres the deal..
I use my laptop for basic browsing..occasionaly but rarely il go on malware websites just to test my security..
therefore I need atleast good security..
iv used both but with Kaspersky its a little heavy on resources but I know protection wise its good..
with eset its good in performance but I don't know exactly whether to trust the protection component of it??

P

Plexx

ammarmasooma said:
ok so heres the deal..
I use my laptop for basic browsing..occasionaly but rarely il go on malware websites just to test my security..
therefore I need atleast good security..
iv used both but with Kaspersky its a little heavy on resources but I know protection wise its good..
with eset its good in performance but I don't know exactly whether to trust the protection component of it??

Here is a better balanced solution then: Emsisoft Anti-Malware

ESET you can trust its protection component (HIPS) as long as you customize it (you can refer to my guide for ESET under the ESET Subforum here in MT).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.