[*]Kaspersky's Safe Money
[*]Comodo's Secure Shopping
[/LIST]

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
So, I'm a happy user of a KIS, but I'm also kinda (very parandoid) regarding online baking.

So how these 2 compare? seem to Comodo Secure Shopping "isolates your browser inside a secure container which cannot be hacked, tracked or viewed by malware or internet thieves," while Safe Money integrated in KIS looks just like a simple browser running in a sandbox.

Which one of them is better in terms of preventing data leakage on already infected machine? (You can't never be 100% sure that your PC is safe, you know that.)

Have there been done any tests comparing these 2? (Or even on of them for that matter, to see how effective they really are on an already infected machine.)

Any info and your imputs are welcome, as always :) (But please do not, DO NOT, tell me that the machine has to be clean in the first place. That's obvious. My question is if I should use Comodo solution instead of KIS native Safe Money Soltion.

Reactions: Nestor and upnorth
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

So, I'm a happy user of a KIS, but I'm also kinda (very parandoid) regarding online baking.

So how these 2 compare? seem to Comodo Secure Shopping "isolates your browser inside a secure container which cannot be hacked, tracked or viewed by malware or internet thieves," while Safe Money integrated in KIS looks just like a simple browser running in a sandbox.

Which one of them is better in terms of preventing data leakage on already infected machine? (You can't never be 100% sure that your PC is safe, you know that.)

Have there been done any tests comparing these 2? (Or even on of them for that matter, to see how effective they really are on an already infected machine.)

Any info and your imputs are welcome, as always :) (But please do not, DO NOT, tell me that the machine has to be clean in the first place. That's obvious. My question is if I should use Comodo solution instead of KIS native Safe Money Soltion.

KIS has keyboard encryption, as well as a virtual keyboard built in. Personally out of the two, I would just stick with KIS, as it's protection is top notch.

In saying all of this, just remember that if the website itself is compromised, no amount of protection will save you unfortunately. I'm not trying to make you more paranoid, but just wanted to make you aware that it's not always about your system these days unfortunately. IMO things like "banking protection" is just snake oil. They may help, but in all honesty most AV/AM programs are pretty good at catching key logging malware for the most part, so those extra features aren't really needed IMO. As I've already said, if the website itself is compromised, unfortunately they will get your info. Personally I believe this is where hackers focus their efforts as they can get more info from compromising a website/server than they can trying to infect personal computers.

Last edited by a moderator:

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Thanks for your opinion. But I really doubt sites like PayPal, Ebay, etc... Are going to be hacked. It's much more likely that some zero-day exploit is able to infect my system (although the chances are still small, yes, I do know that ), so that's why I think that it's better to have the full virtualization, such as Comodo has. What do you think about it?

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 78429

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You dont need such safe bank tools, as long you visit bank sites from bookmarks and avoid visiting them throught email messages youre good as long as your pc is not infected

Common sense has big role

If you want to use such tools i would just use kaspersky cloud free for key encrypt + avoid fake sites
Comodo firewall for sandbox +

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Do people really use secure browsers for shopping like Kaspersky's or Avast's or whatsoever? I always give them a try when they come pre-installed with the antivirus but they always dissapoint me. Not worth the security to wait so long for a transaction to complete.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Thanks for your opinion. But I really doubt sites like PayPal, Ebay, etc... Are going to be hacked. It's much more likely that some zero-day exploit is able to infect my system (although the chances are still small, yes, I do know that ), so that's why I think that it's better to have the full virtualization, such as Comodo has. What do you think about it?

I hear what you are saying and it's a very valid point.

Chances are, big sites like Paypal and such have more money to spend on securing their sites, but being as big as they are they are prime targets for hackers. As it's already been said they have been hacked before, so it's not impossible. Again I'm not trying to make you more paranoid, I just want you to realize the state of things. If you feel more comfortable using those protections, by all means use them, but just be aware that no amount of protection on your end will save you if the site itself is compromised. As @Moonhorse said, bookmark you banks and such and avoid clicking links through emails and and so forth. :)

Reactions: RXZ6Q and Moonhorse

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.