Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
And here is the 19.3 changelog:

New features

Secure Browsing
  • You can now configure the notifications for Trusted shopping in the Secure Browsing > Trusted shopping settings. For example, you can switch off notifications for safe websites and only get warnings for shopping sites that have a questionable or bad reputation.
  • Trusted shopping statistics are shown on the Secure Browsing page.
  • You can switch off Ad blocker for a specific website. To switch off Ad blocker, select the Browsing Protection by F-Secure icon in the browser toolbar and then select Ad blocker is on.
  • As an experimental feature, Banking protection blocks browser development tools during banking sessions. Such tools are commonly used in "support scams".
General improvements
  • The subscription page shows a comparison view of the current and full subscription, and you have the option to upgrade your subscription.
  • The severity level of the login smart task has been lowered from "warning" to "info".
  • Deeplink support allows the use of links to open the correct user interface view, for example in reminder messages or support websites.
Fixed issues
  • VPN: incorrect captive portal detection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing the changelog for F-Secure 19.3! Here is a breakdown of the new features, general improvements, and fixed issues mentioned in the changelog:

New features:

1. Secure Browsing:
- Notifications for Trusted shopping can now be configured in the Secure Browsing > Trusted shopping settings. This allows you to customize the notifications you receive, such as switching off notifications for safe websites and only receiving warnings for shopping sites with questionable or bad reputations.
- Trusted shopping statistics are now displayed on the Secure Browsing page.
- Ad blocker can now be switched off for specific websites. To do this, select the Browsing Protection by F-Secure icon in the browser toolbar and then select "Ad blocker is on".
- Banking protection now includes an experimental feature that blocks browser development tools during banking sessions. This is to prevent their misuse in "support scams".

General improvements:

1. Subscription page:
- The subscription page now provides a comparison view of the current and full subscription, allowing you to easily see the differences between the two. Additionally, you have the option to upgrade your subscription if desired.

2. Login smart task:
- The severity level of the login smart task has been lowered from "warning" to "info". This change helps to provide a clearer understanding of the task's importance.

3. Deeplink support:
- Deeplink support has been added, allowing the use of links to open the correct user interface view. This can be useful in reminder messages or support websites, where specific views need to be accessed.

Fixed issues:

1. VPN:
- An issue with incorrect captive portal detection in the VPN feature has been resolved. This ensures more accurate detection and handling of captive portals.

These are the key changes and improvements introduced in F-Secure 19.3. For more detailed information, you can refer to the provided changelog link.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
I'm hoping for some antivirus improvements, like changing the detection engine from Avira to another vendor or further developing F-Secure's own engine to replace the current dual-engine mode. Additionally, I would like to see improvements to DeepGuard, such as the addition of a roll-back feature to Home products.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Funny. Trusted Shopping is still not available within the program here. But it has been updated to 19.3. I'm chatting with support.
Let us know what happens. It is nice to be able to disable the safe site option. Otherwise, it was popping up too frequently, at least for me.

2024-02-14_5-11-02.jpg

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
It's really funny that neither in 19.2 nor now in 19.3 this option is available. And I've done a clean install twice, plus used the fsuninstaltool. I have reported the bug, I will see what the solution is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
It's really funny that neither in 19.2 nor now in 19.3 this option is available. And I've done a clean install twice, plus used the fsuninstaltool. I have reported the bug, I will see what the solution is.
If while you're waiting (you've probably already created the fsdiag.zip) and you want to try this, is to uninstall F Secure. Restart your PC, even when using the uninstall tool, check in Program Files (x86), enable hidden files and check Program Data, Users/App Data/Local, and delete any leftover files. You may not be able to delete the files (if they are there) if you don't restart your PC after the uninstall.

Then in Windows, right-click the Windows icon/Run or the Windows key + R and type temp and OK, and delete as many of those files as you can. Then do the same thing with %temp%. Delete any of the previous F Secure downloaded installers, empty the recycle bin, and restart your PC. Then try downloading the stub installer from your F-Secure portal account, and see if that works. again, it's up to you if you want to try it :)

edit: and just confirm you don't have a 2nd type of antimalware installed, i.e. MBAM, etc. that could be corrupting the install.

Last edited:

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Funny. Trusted Shopping is still not available within the program here. But it has been updated to 19.3. I'm chatting with support.
I don't have it either, but recall that Trusted Shopping was not targeted for all versions of F-Secure. This was discussed on their forum when TS was first deployed.

Reactions: simmerskool

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I don't have it either, but recall that Trusted Shopping was not targeted for all versions of F-Secure. This was discussed on their forum when TS was first deployed.
Do you mean as far as IS users?

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Do you mean as far as IS users?
Yes, that's it. Initially they mistakenly released the Trusted Shopping feature which couldn't be disabled to some IS users who it was not intended for and then in a later update removed it.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Just an interesting thread regarding the new to 19.3 Ad block allow site feature not working for some users. It sounds like it's going to be resolved soon.

F-Secure Product Manager
February 19

Hi,
We found a bug just before the release and had to make a new version that goes through our beta cycle first. We aim to push out the new version to Chrome and Firefox this week, and Edge next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cale

Last edited:

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
We have received a reply from support. So, if you are a Virgin subscriber and have a Virgin subscription, this feature is not available. Which I don't understand, because I have full F-Secure Total with all the features. Why mess with that. Anyway. That's it. :cool:

"This email serve as an update regarding your previous issue on trusted shopping website features. We have confirmed that this feature, is not available (yet) for Virgin Media customers at the moment. We are still moving on this situation, and working on to add this features in the future.

Therefore, there are no troubleshootings/alternatives steps we can offer since you have connected to the application/subscription as Virgin Media customer. Thank you"

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
F-Secure Internet Security through Virgin Media costs £3 per month or £36 a year. Total can be found cheaper on third-party websites so I don’t see why someone should generate revenue for Virgin Media and have features made unavailable.
I don't understand that either! This is discrimination. I use the same product, only cheaper. I hope they will fix this soon, because this is going to be a big problem in the EU!

Reactions: simmerskool

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I don't see how this is discrimination, Virgin is giving it users a perfectly good AV at a price that is cheaper than purchasing through F-Secure's website. As far a 3rd party sites, there are many sketchy ones out there, its 50/50 whether the license you buy works for the time frame you bought it for or even works at all. PS ( The way these companies rip off their clients they should just give away an AV free to everyone imo.)

Last edited:

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
I don't see how this is discrimination, Virgin is giving it users a perfectly good AV at a price that is cheaper than purchasing through F-Secure's website. As far a 3rd party sites, there are many sketchy ones out there, its 50/50 whether the license you buy works for the time frame you bought it for or even works at all. PS ( The way these companies rip off their clients they should just give away an AV free to everyone imo.)
There was no clause in the licence that Virgin customers would not get all the features! I read it!
If I have an F-Secure Total license, so be it. Currently it is not and F-Secure acknowledged this in their reply above.

Reactions: Trident

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
This is discrimination. I use the same product, only cheaper. I hope they will fix this soon, because this is going to be a big problem in the EU!
Discrimination is the process of making unfair or prejudicial distinctions between people based on the groups, classes, or other categories to which they belong or are perceived to belong, such as race, gender, age, religion, physical attractiveness or sexual orientation.
It's way too farfetched calling any AV products/vendors price or lack of a feature either one like it or not for discrimination.

We have received a reply from support. So, if you are a Virgin subscriber and have a Virgin subscription, this feature is not available. Which I don't understand, because I have full F-Secure Total with all the features. Why mess with that. Anyway. That's it. :cool:

"This email serve as an update regarding your previous issue on trusted shopping website features. We have confirmed that this feature, is not available (yet) for Virgin Media customers at the moment. We are still moving on this situation, and working on to add this features in the future.

Therefore, there are no troubleshootings/alternatives steps we can offer since you have connected to the application/subscription as Virgin Media customer. Thank you"
Weird that such a simple feature would be excluded specific in the Virgin Media version, but on the other hand it's never been an essential one. It's something that also a huge amount of users complained about high and low so I can guess those care less. Today it does come included in the official F-Secures own Total stable version 19.3 with an ON/OFF switch/button.

2024-02-29_21-41-10.jpg

There was no clause in the licence that Virgin customers would not get all the features! I read it!
If I have an F-Secure Total license, so be it. Currently it is not and F-Secure acknowledged this in their reply above.
Since F-Secure even clearly state why they can't help:
this feature, is not available (yet) for Virgin Media customers at the moment. We are still moving on this situation, and working on to add this features in the future. Therefore, there are no troubleshootings/alternatives steps we can offer since you have connected to the application/subscription as Virgin Media customer. Thank you
your only option is to reach out and talk to Virgin Medias support about the license you have with them.

Virgin is giving it users a perfectly good AV at a price that is cheaper than purchasing through F-Secure's website.
I do agree as it's for sure no news under the sun that buying F-Secures Home products direct on their site is more expensive, as most people on this forum known for years. That's also why it's been shared links to members like @SerialCart numerous times and also why myself and others from time to time try to share F-Secures official discount offers and others. Even re-new the license on F-Secures own site is not recommended when fully legit and genuine 3rd party resellers exist with much lower price.

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Virgin Media "version" is what is called a "white label" of F-Secure TOTAL. Very often "white label" versions are not at the same version or build as the software publisher's version and build. Also the entity paying for the "white label" service - in this case Virgin - can pick and choose which features they incorporate into their version of the product. Virgin can refuse the Trusted Shopping feature or it can just be scheduled for a much later rollout to the Virgin white label version. This is normal industry practice.

F-Secure is known for slow phased feature and update rollout. The result is that it can take 1 month or more before new features or other updates reach a user's machine.

Just a FYI. Trusted Shopping is not shipping to F-Secure Internet Security. It is a feature meant - at this time - only for F-Secure's version of TOTAL. Moreover, lots of end users complained about the feature because it is essentially useless. F-Secure is considering removing the feature. Your typical support staff that you chat with is unaware of these facts. You need to have a direct line to the development staff as I do to know this.
I can accept that answer! It was fair and understandable.
Thank you, I came to the same conclusion. I don't mind that it doesn't have the Trusted Shopping feature. It bothered me too. I was just looking for the cause of the error.
I have the Total version. But it's not important. I don't miss the functionality. I'm fine without it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.