New Update F-Secure 19.0 released

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

It would be great if it had a password-protection feature. I would recommend it for general users and those in search of security software with parental control.

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Depending on if I turn VPN on and off and restart it to connect to the fastest server, can make a difference. The faster one tonight is connecting to Texas, and the slower one to Kansas. It also passes the ipleak test.

2023-05-02_11-46-22.jpg

f secure vpn2.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Is it necessary to install the browser extension for parental control?
Not an expert, but after you install FS and open a browser, you should get a popup advising you to install the FS extension for online protection, but not sure what or where parental controls are, perhaps in the vpn, but I rarely use the FS vpn.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi anyone with F secure internet security have any info on processes,memory used ,and security? Thks
Asking because i might install it on my old machine to try but want to see your experience please.

Reactions: Sorrento

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Runs well on this PC but have 32 gig memory, I don't spend much time looking at the memory stats any-more, I like a quiet PC and if I hear the fans I know it's under load - At the moment I'm using Emsisoft & recently Emsisoft & F-Secure seem to run similar, I really like both.

Reactions: Oldie1950 and franz

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
Runs well on this PC but have 32 gig memory, I don't spend much time looking at the memory stats any-more, I like a quiet PC and if I hear the fans I know it's under load - At the moment I'm using Emsisoft & recently Emsisoft & F-Secure seem to run similar, I really like both.
I have also tried Emsisoft for a long time. Emsisoft slows down my PC extremely every time the signatures are updated. Firefox e.g. does not start at the moment or only partially. So only the outer frame of Firefox appears, but no web content. Several seconds then pass before the selected website finally appears. It can't be the internet connection because I have a fiber optic connection with 600 Mbps.

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I do not know that either. I suspect that F-Secure adjusts the memory usage to the available memory. I have 16GB of storage.
Yep, from what all of us have posted the higher the Ram we have, the higher the WithSecure hosting service will be. It is the scanning core of F-Secure:

Bitdefender tends to do the same thing on PC's, but can be a bit sporadic with how much and how long the process will stay on the higher end (bdservicehost/Virus shield).

Here are some examples from 4 PC's I have F-Secure Total installed on.

2023-05-26_10-16-40.jpg

2023-05-26_11-07-04.jpg

2023-05-30_9-03-55.jpg

dry mill.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.