New Update FS Protection PC 19.3 releases (beta)

Lord Ami

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014

Release 19.3 beta 1 (5.4.1071):

New features:

• Trusted shopping statistics are visible in the main user interface, under Secure Browsing subpage.
  • Configurable appearance of trusted shopping popup under Secure Browsing > Trusted shopping settings. You can, for example disable the safe (green) popups and have the product warn you only when the shopping site has questionable or bad reputation.
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issue with UI not remembering position if close to edge (PBL-11986)
  • USB device scan prompts no longer stay in history (PBL-11985)
  • Incorrect VPN captive portal detection (PBL-11767)
Known Issues:

• There is unnecessary feature introduction page after installation.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing the details of the FS Protection PC 19.3 beta 1 release. Here is a breakdown of the new features, bug fixes, and known issues:

New features:
- Trusted shopping statistics are now visible in the main user interface, specifically under the Secure Browsing subpage. This allows users to easily access information about their trusted shopping activity.
- The appearance of the trusted shopping popup can now be configured under Secure Browsing > Trusted shopping settings. Users have the option to disable the safe (green) popups and only receive warnings when shopping sites have questionable or bad reputations.

Bug Fixes:
- The issue with the UI not remembering its position if it was close to the edge has been fixed (PBL-11986).
- USB device scan prompts will no longer stay in the history (PBL-11985).
- The problem with incorrect VPN captive portal detection has been resolved (PBL-11767).

Known Issues:
- After installation, there is an unnecessary feature introduction page that appears.

Please note that these updates are part of the beta release and may still undergo further testing and improvements before the final version is released.

Reactions: upnorth

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I take it "Fixed issue with UI not remembering position if close to edge (PBL-11986)" meaning it will remember when I opened the app in full-screen mode, and will stay that way when I re-open it? A little annoyance fix that would be welcomed :)

Thankfully, in my Total, I was able to disable the Trusted shopping option, until they can get the websites figured out i.e. the non shopping website pop-ups.

Lord Ami

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I take it "Fixed issue with UI not remembering position if close to edge (PBL-11986)" meaning it will remember when I opened the app in full-screen mode, and will stay that way when I re-open it? A little annoyance fix that would be welcomed :)

Thankfully, in my Total, I was able to disable the Trusted shopping option, until they can get the websites figured out i.e. the non shopping website pop-ups.
You are correct. I tested it and found that it remembers the UI location/size.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Release 19.3 beta 3 (5.4.1562):
Bug Fixes:
  • fsnifweb 1.0.222 does not install in beta (PBL-12132)
  • Tasks icon color in navigation bar fixed for dark mode (PBL-11378)
  • Clicking on ID Monitoring option in Side menu During 'login' mode leads to infinite spinner (PBL-12103)
  • Vault requires UI to close and reopen to proceed with onboarding (PBL-12097)
  • FSDiag reports Windows 11 23H2 as Windows 10 (PBL-12093)
  • Password vault is showing Login where as it should show get started (PBL-12090)
  • UI says all browsers are protected, even though one is not (PBL-12088)
  • Dashboard card can scroll under navigation bar messing up UI (PBL-11979)
  • Hovering background effect added to Help icon (PBL-11117)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I was finally approved to be a beta tester this morning :) I don't know my way around the feedback forum yet, but with the betas, and maybe especially with this one, isn't the VPN included with beta testing? It stays in full-screen mode when opened and closed as was previously mentioned, nice :) I will be installing it on another PC to confirm the passwords, connect devices etc. are syncing properly between the two. It's on v19.3 beta 4

f secure beta.jpg

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
So I think I'm answering my own question by checking things out more on the two My F-Secure Portals. Maybe it's been explained on their forum, but for those of us here, it looks like the VPN is a separate install from the 19.2 Total version. I like it in that it will be a separate app, with more information included, including the ability to open it directly rather than opening the Total app to access it. But, I wonder for those of us who have subscriptions to 19.2 with the VPN included, will it automatically apply to the stand-alone app if we update to 19.3? I just hope it works out better than when BD ended the onboard Wallet to become a seperate purchased Password Manager app instead.

Also, the F-Secure Password Vault looks like it can be (and is, I installed it) installed as a separate app as well. It makes it very nice and convenient to access it in that way, as a stand-alone app. (F-Secure ID Guardian). Maybe as a beta tester, I'm not supposed to give so much information that should only be on the beta website?

security apps.jpg

19.2 F Secure Portal.
19.2.JPG
19.3 beta F Secure Portal.
19.3.jpg

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Maybe as a beta tester, I'm not supposed to give so much information that should only be on the beta website?
How much info you can or should share, it's probably best if either some of the other Beta testers answer on or simply ask in the channel you should have been pointed to when you joined.

Personal I find it interesting and extra on a possible change on their VPN becoming standalone again, but also somewhat confusing as that sounds weird considering all the development they put into the implementation. Sure it exist small parts that still could be improved, but with the stable version 19.2 it works silly smooth and fast on my new system with W11. I have very little to complain on when it comes to the VPN. Previous issues I had was pure hardware related.

Lord Ami

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
So I think I'm answering my own question by checking things out more on the two My F-Secure Portals. Maybe it's been explained on their forum, but for those of us here, it looks like the VPN is a separate install from the 19.2 Total version. I like it in that it will be a separate app, with more information included, including the ability to open it directly rather than opening the Total app to access it. But, I wonder for those of us who have subscriptions to 19.2 with the VPN included, will it automatically apply to the stand-alone app if we update to 19.3? I just hope it works out better than when BD ended the onboard Wallet to become a seperate purchased Password Manager app instead.

Also, the F-Secure Password Vault looks like it can be (and is, I installed it) installed as a separate app as well. It makes it very nice and convenient to access it in that way, as a stand-alone app. (F-Secure ID Guardian). Maybe as a beta tester, I'm not supposed to give so much information that should only be on the beta website?

View attachment 281315

19.2 F Secure Portal.
View attachment 281312
19.3 beta F Secure Portal.
View attachment 281314

Mine is exactly the same:
1706883510223.png

I do have access to the VPN service though.
Just a random thought: Where can I buy F-Secure FREEDOME? - F-Secure Community - perhaps it's tied to the country you're from? Meaning that the VPN service is not available there?

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Mine is exactly the same:
View attachment 281333
I do have access to the VPN service though.
Just a random thought: Where can I buy F-Secure FREEDOME? - F-Secure Community - perhaps it's tied to the country you're from? Meaning that the VPN service is not available there?
Thank you for your reply. On two installs of the beta, one on Windows 10 and the other on 11, it did not install with the VPN module as in the post# 9 Spoiler. I am in the US, should I be reporting this as a glitch on the beta forum? The ability to download and install F-Secure Freedome is available, but only with a 5-day trial, and then a purchase option.

Lord Ami

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Thank you for your reply. On two installs of the beta, one on Windows 10 and the other on 11, it did not install with the VPN module as in the post# 9 Spoiler. I am in the US, should I be reporting this as a glitch on the beta forum? The ability to download and install F-Secure Freedome is available, but only with a 5-day trial, and then a purchase option.
Is it possible that the new beta testers do not have access to VPN functionality? It may be worth asking.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I did get a reply from Ville, which makes sense. Maybe if I had been onboard sooner, or had been a regular beta tester over the years, would have been different to have included the VPN.

"the VPN module is only enabled for a small group of active testers since the traffic costs can get quite high. If we would ebable it for all beta users, we would have to force the speed to be so slow that it's not usable for video streaming".

Last edited:

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
19.3 has been released :) :)

Ville Posts: 658 F-Secure Employee
5:03AM
F-Secure TOTAL PC 19.3 has been released to production. We want to thank all beta testers for feedback and we will soon continue with 19.4 beta.

edit: what I'm impressed with is that it doesn't seem to be a staged roll out? Last time on my end 19.1 updated to 19.2 the same day as the announcement. And this morning, 2 of my PCs that I've checked have updated to 19.3.
19.3.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.