upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
No, i have not got VPN client.
Total comes with a full fledge system wide working VPN implemented, but it's not turned ON by default.
Képernyőkép 2023-12-14 084845 (1).png

Seems the support is your best choice. 🤷‍♂️

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I have a PM with a Community Manager there as far as my not being able to reply, respond to a post or even to respond to a thread I created, but only to accept an answer.
That forum needs help, a makeover.

I resolved it by creating a new account using Proton mail. I can now see the forum functions, reply to posts etc. Not sure what happened with my original account, and they didn't seem to know, either. But alas, all is well :)

Reactions: Moonhorse

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Was it f-secure?

I don't know why the error was corrected, but I will explain what the error was. For a long time, my computer has not always been able to turn off completely every time. It turns off until the light in the power button comes back on, and I can't do anything but hold the power button until the machine dies.

I have f-secure installed on the machine. I have reinstalled win10 2 times but it did not fix the error. Then what I could never imagine happens, I uninstalled f-secure and install Norton 360 Deluxe and thus the error was gone. I don't yet know what the reason is, but I can only state that the error must be due to f-secure. Hope someone has experienced this and can explain what happened. :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: simmerskool

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Hope someone has experienced this and can explain what happened. :unsure:
Nope, so far on my own system both with Windows 11 as the host and Windows 10 on my WM I haven't noticed, but it somewhat rings a bell on a issue that existed maybe 1 or 2 years ago. I'll see if I can find it.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Nope, so far on my own system both with Windows 11 as the host and Windows 10 on my WM I haven't noticed, but it somewhat rings a bell on a issue that existed maybe 1 or 2 years ago. I'll see if I can find it.
I've had f-secure for years without this happening. To check if this was a new problem, I put back older images where I know I didn't have the problem, but when f-secure was updated, the problem returned.

Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
To check if this was a new problem, I put back older images where I know I didn't have the problem, but when f-secure was updated, the problem returned.
Sounds like a solid catch IMO, and you should 100% for sure report it so you can get it even better confirmed and soon enough a fix. Depending on what version you use, test create a new thread here:

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Sounds like a solid catch IMO, and you should 100% for sure report it so you can get it even better confirmed and soon enough a fix. Depending on what version you use, test create a new thread here:

My f-secure was called f-secure safe, but now it is only f-secure.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.