Advice Request KAV and HMP.Alert together?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
I have used Webroot SA over 5 years alone, with good results, but now I´m about to buy a new computer, and along with that start to buy stuff with a creditcard over the net.Although I trust WSA ,I´m hesitant to use it alone when using creditcard.Of course I´m thinking about keyloggers, and I know KAV should be effective against them, but I have thought about using Hitman Pro.Alert along with KAV.Have anybody any experience with this combo? I know Kaspersky is very picky with other security software running along with it.
I´m using LastPass, so I feel reasonably safe regarding PW´s, so my problem is mostly whether I can run KAV and Hitman together?
You could use KIS with Zemana Antilogger.
That way, in case you do not use Safemoney from KIS, you will still be protected against keyloggers.
I have had problems with HMP.A as it tends to slow down the computer. Also there is a keystroke lag and mouse is a little jerky.
Uninstalled HMP.A and things are now fine.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
KIS has keystroke encryption, independent of Safemoney. This feature is called Secure Keyboard Input.
If you use both KIS keystroke encryption and HMPA keystroke encryption at the same time, this can cause poor keyboard performance. You can disable one or the other, if there is degraded performance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.