Advice Request KeePass v1.0 vs v2.0?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Hi,

I noticed there is two versions of KeePass from their main website. Both also usable. I installed the default Keepass v1.0 from PortableApps list.

Just curious what would be the main difference? I went through the difference but couldn't understand their jargons.

Edition Comparison - KeePass

Wondered is anyone can simplify it? :D

D

Deleted member 178

v1 uses an old API library : GDI+ ; so less functions than v2 which uses a more recent library.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In terms of Group and Entries categories, Keepass version 2.0 have more flexible than 1.0 where you can expand and categorize the information taken.

Search result mechanism isn't a problem, the version 2.0 compose to include sorting and grouping the search results where in such practical as long you found the information hence case close.

Again a matter of being flexible and occupied as possible the requirements need.

Still protection mechanism remains same within highest measure as possible.

The highlight of 2.0 is more on additional plugin features besides other mentioned.

CMLew

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Thanks @Umbra and @jamescv7 ,

Shall replace it to KeePass 2.0.
I just export out my csv from LastPass and going to import it to KeePass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.