Kellysi Mobile Config

kellysi

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 19, 2018
Well, I entered all there si from settings above, now I would like opinion am I really that crazy for not having antivirus app? I just dont think that I am in any danger if I dont use my bank stuff nor purchase through the phone??? Its just for calls web browsing and messaging?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I also don't have any security tool in my current old Android Mobile (Sony Xperia S + Android 4.1.2), but of course I don't use it to do banking, shopping or any other online activity where I have to use any of my bank accounts...

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
No, you surely aren't crazy for not having an AV on Android, the malware problem on Android isn't that severe yet to mandate the presence of an AV on every android phone. However you might want to install an anti-theft on your phone, like Google find my device or Cerberus if you feel the need for them.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Marshmallow (Android 6.0) should be out for your LG G3. I have a G3 as well and I'm on Android 8.1 Oreo but that takes root and other tricks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.