kelton's Security Configuration

P

Plexx

Got one thing to add:

I believe you can trim down a bit by removing: ClamWin Portable and Ghostery.

Detection and cleaning capabilities of ClamWin is inferior to the rest of the tools you have. I understand it is portable but still, I would remove it.

Ghostery can be removed since you already have ABP with the lists.

If anything, you may add MVP HOST Files via EAM.

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Biozfear said:
Got one thing to add:

I believe you can trim down a bit by removing: ClamWin Portable and Ghostery.

Detection and cleaning capabilities of ClamWin is inferior to the rest of the tools you have. I understand it is portable but still, I would remove it.

Ghostery can be removed since you already have ABP with the lists.

If anything, you may add MVP HOST Files via EAM.

I think you are right abour Ghostery and ClamWin. I've disabled Ghostery. Thank you!

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
I think Webroot SecureAnywhere don't work well with Keyscrambler. The scrambled (wrong) keys are being displayed on my programs sometimes.

D

Deleted member 178

kelton said:
I think Webroot SecureAnywhere don't work well with Keyscrambler. The scrambled (wrong) keys are being displayed on my programs sometimes.

that is the normal behavior of keyscrambler ^^ it shows you the encrypted keystrokes; you can disable the small windows in the options (if my memory is good)

check the screenshots in my review: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Review-KeyScrambler-All-Versions

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
kelton said:

that is the normal behavior of keyscrambler ^^ it shows you the encrypted keystrokes; you can disable the small windows in the options (if my memory is good)

check the screenshots in my review: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Review-KeyScrambler-All-Versions

I'll try to explain with my poor english:

What should happen:
We type => Keyscrambler encrypt at kernel level => the info travel the machine => Keyscrambler decrypts it and deliver the correct text in the protected program.

What happen sometimes when Keyscrambler is running along Webroot SecureAnywhere:
We type => Keyscrambler encrypt at kernel level => the info travel the machine => Keyscrambler do not decrypt it and deliver the wrong text in the protected program. The result here would be something like "cdckid,.;rererw.;.".

Somehow, I think Webroot SecureAnywhere interfere and sometimes prevents Keyscrambler from decrypting the text before delivering it.

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
can you post a screenshot of the issue when typing?

Sure!

In fact, it seems that KeyScrambler does a wrong decrypt. In the two images, I was only pressing "F".

[attachment=3239]
[attachment=3237]

Attachments

• Webroot Keyscrambler.jpg
    Webroot Keyscrambler.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 425
  • webroot keyscrambler ie2.jpg
    webroot keyscrambler ie2.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 470
P

Plexx

As others said, screenshots are fine. It should be like that. At least was when I had it running briefly on my system.

Just a question: do you use all the tools in ASC Pro or the ones you use are available on the free version?

Didn't know you were Brazilian or at least based in Brazil. We don't have many members from BR.

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Stranger said:
Don't worry this is how keyscrambler works :D

Biozfear said:
As others said, screenshots are fine. It should be like that. At least was when I had it running briefly on my system.

Just a question: do you use all the tools in ASC Pro or the ones you use are available on the free version?

Didn't know you were Brazilian or at least based in Brazil. We don't have many members from BR.

Yes, I am from Brazil! :)

In ASC Pro I use only the regular scan. But it offers a lot of cool features for computer maintenance!

About Keyscrambler... I think you didn't got what I mean. On the screenshots, look at the points where I've typed. I only pressed "F" on my keyboard for a while, and got scrambled characters on the browser. They should be scrambled only until arrive the browser, not on it.

P

Plexx

kelton said:
Yes, I am from Brazil! :)

In ASC Pro I use only the regular scan. But it offers a lot of cool features for computer maintenance!

About Keyscrambler... I think you didn't got what I mean. On the screenshots, look at the points where I've typed. I only pressed "F" on my keyboard for a while, and got scrambled characters on the browser. They should be scrambled only until arrive the browser, not on it.

When I saw the MSN page, the currency was a giveaway, despite I recognized it straight away :) I also speak Portuguese.

ASC Pro: regular scan. What type of scans you are referring to?

On a side note: ASC Free has nearly all the tools to do the job. Pro only adds a few extra tools that you can find free alternatives that do the job just fine.

As for KeyScrambler, Umbra or Stranger would be able to provide you further information as my experience with KeyScrambler is limited since I only ran it for awhile before removing it, due to the lack of support for most online games along with other limitations (Professional vs Premium)

N

Nige_40

Bio Over Kelton's Config, You say you don't need Ghostery with ABP. ?

I had a look at a few sites and they say they work fine together. Also one other thing I read that WOT does not work well with Ghostery + ABP.

I found out by just doing a search say Ghostery + ABP too much ? and it gave info, then on 3 sites it said about all 3 as with WOT that it can clash and make web search feel heavy.

So Bio or anybody else, what do you think ?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Kelton Please ignore this post. Sorry for posting on your thread.

I am sorting out the issue I was talking about.

Regards

Nigel

P.S. Welcome to MT :)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Actually I don't understand the language on screenshot but as far I calculate you typed some words in internet explorer address bar which comes as encrypted letter (changed from what you typed originally) in keyscrambler panel,
If its so you don't have to worryas its ok

How many time you typed word "F"

Can you post English screenshot

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Nige_40 said:

I had a look at a few sites and they say they work fine together. Also one other thing I read that WOT does not work well with Ghostery + ABP.

I found out by just doing a search say Ghostery + ABP too much ? and it gave info, then on 3 sites it said about all 3 as with WOT that it can clash and make web search feel heavy.

I don't know if ABP with "EasyPrivacy+EasyList" + Ghostery is redundant. But I've used it along WOT for a long time with no issues.

In your config, I saw that you use "Adblock Plus set with Easylist+Fanboy". Maybe you shoul read this: https://adblockplus.org/en/getting_started#subscription

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Stranger said:

Actually I don't understand the language on screenshot but as far I calculate you typed some words in internet explorer address bar which comes as encrypted letter (changed from what you typed originally) in keyscrambler panel,
If its so you don't have to worryas its ok

How many time you typed word "F"

Can you post English screenshot

I don't have any program in english that work with KeyScrambler. All of them are in portuguese here, I think. But it's not relevant. KeyScrambler should deliver "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" (what I've typed) on IE, but it delivered [attachment=3243]. It happens sometimes when keyscrambler runs along Webroot. Without Webroot I don't have this issue.

Attachments

• ie ks webroot.jpg
    ie ks webroot.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 367

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
kelton said:
It happens sometimes when keyscrambler runs along Webroot. Without Webroot I don't have this issue.

Probably, Identity shield has a conflict with KS. If I was you, I would disable Identity shield or uninstall KS. I think you know where the conflict is and you have to make a choice on what to keep and what to uninstall.

Bo

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
kelton said:
I don't have any program in english that work with KeyScrambler. All of them are in portuguese here, I think. But it's not relevant. KeyScrambler should deliver "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" (what I've typed) on IE, but it delivered . It happens sometimes when keyscrambler runs along Webroot. Without Webroot I don't have this issue.

Try this and then check:

http://www.webrootanywhere.com/sah_Identity_Protection.asp?n=Managing_protected_applications

D

Deleted member 178

bo.elam said:
Probably, Identity shield has a conflict with KS. If I was you, I would disable Identity shield or uninstall KS.

Also check "system tool > system control > control active process" if keyscrambler is allowed.

kelton

Thread author
Verified
Dec 28, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Also check "system tool > system control > control active process" if keyscrambler is allowed.

Stranger said:
Try this and then check:

http://www.webrootanywhere.com/sah_Identity_Protection.asp?n=Managing_protected_applications

bo.elam said:
Probably, Identity shield has a conflict with KS. If I was you, I would disable Identity shield or uninstall KS. I think you know where the conflict is and you have to make a choice on what to keep and what to uninstall.

Bo

You were right: disabling Identity shield, Keyscrambler works again.
But I followed Umbra's and Stranger's tips, and also set additional exclusions for Keyscrambler on Online Armor and Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Now Keyscrambler seems to work well with this combo.

Thank you, Umbra, Stranger and Bo!

P

Plexx

Nige_40 said:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Kelton Please ignore this post. Sorry for posting on your thread.

I am sorting out the issue I was talking about.

Regards

Nigel

P.S. Welcome to MT :)

Sorry for the off-topic deviation. This has been replied via PM in order not to further hijack this thread.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.