System recovery
None
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Working from home
Computer specs
This is a Dell laptop, i5-5200u, 8GB RAM
Notable changes
Uninstalled Emsisoft Anti-Malware. I never used it after all.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Kermit80:

In System Backup, You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliable.

In Data BackUp, consider also to run manual backups of important data to external devices, and/or in cloud services, if You already use some cloud services, please specify them.

In Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions , You may add uBlock Origin.

Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :)

Kermit80

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 29, 2020
Do you use Immunet because it's light? If not, please consider another AV. Bitdefender free is a great AV, and AVG free should be good too. Thanks for sharing.:)

Thank you Nevi, I use Immunet out of curiosity, because it's light and unintrusive, it doesn't requires continues updates and because I like their approach.
Quite every security vendor claims to be able to give you "total" protection from each and every threat. Immunet's approach is more like "Well, it's not too bad afterall". I appreciate that. :)
I know my assets and my risks and I feel Immunet and OSArmor suit me well. I have licenses for ESET and AVAST but I wouldn't want to put a complete security suite on this system. ;)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I think Immunet w/ OSArmor is a great setup tbh, if your browsing is very logical and do the smart things properly.

However where this gets dragged by is the lack of Data Backup solution. One must have one regardless of what happens. Please take a look at your own choice of backup software solution.

~LDogg

Kermit80

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 29, 2020
I think Immunet w/ OSArmor is a great setup tbh, if your browsing is very logical and do the smart things properly.

However where this gets dragged by is the lack of Data Backup solution. One must have one regardless of what happens. Please take a look at your own choice of backup software solution.

~LDogg

You're right! A good backup policy is foundamental in a correct security posture. Anyway, I consider this an exception as I do not have data to backup on this system. Linux is my main OS and where I keep all my data which is regularly backed up. I keep however a Windows partition for those times I need a bit of insight into Windows, I need to test a particular software or I want to fire up a game. That is the system I'm presenting here. Incidentally it has become my main system in these home work days but still I have no data on it. My mails are kept on the mail server and synced with my office computer; my documents are on cloud; my password manager's db is on cloud as well and my browsing preferites are saved in my Firefox account. Even my games are on my GOG account.
So, I don't need a backup policy but still... this is a very bad habit! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.