[Solved] Key combination to Cycle through Task View (virtual desktops)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
From List of Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

Windows Logo Key + Tab

Opens Task View

The key combination opens Task View & Timeline, but the arrows keys only navigate around the Timeline. One thing I found, is if I press (hold) Down arrow key, then press (hold) Up arrow key it jumps to the Task View (virtual desktops), but feels broken.

How can I cycle through the Task View (virtual desktop) without messing with holding arrow keys or a Mouse/Touchpad?

Thanks in advance.
Running Windows 10 April 2018 Update v1803

Solved: Post #4

Last edited:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Your looking for the combo to cycle through the tasks you have open?

Alt + Tab

Reactions: Weebarra

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Alt+Tab only cycles through the open applications on the current Desktop.

Task View allows multiple virtual desktops, and that's what I want to cycle through using only a keyboard.

Reactions: Weebarra

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I do not know if there is a combo to cycle through all the tasks you may have open on other virtual desktops. All i know is Ctrl + Windows Logo Key + Right Arrow, shifts you over to your other virtual desktop. Ctrl + Windows Logo Key + Left Arrow will cycle you back to your main desktop.

Sorry in advance if that's not what your looking for. Other than that, i do not know.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Not sure about some of them shortcuts. For instance pressing Ctrl + D save my current tab to favorits. Not sure wha you are asking. When I open task view and move to a different task with the right or left arrow keys and hit enter, it opens that task. Then I have to hit Windows Logo Key + Tab again to switch to a different task.

"Ctrl + D (or Delete)Delete the selected item and move it to the Recycle Bin"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
All i know is Ctrl + Windows Logo Key + Right Arrow, shifts you over to your other virtual desktop. Ctrl + Windows Logo Key + Left Arrow will cycle you back to your main desktop.
Thanks, this worked.

Reactions: In2an3_PpG
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.