Advice Request Keyboard ISSUE - Hardware Problem or Driver Issue

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I don't know really if the issue is behind Windows Update.

After a friend returned my netbook, after a few hours of use, the keyboard went nuts. Occasionally it will work fine, sometimes some keys won't work or the "Alt"/"Ctrl" key pressed. It is an eMachines netbook, m355.

I installed Windows 10 UA on Acer Aspire v5, after some reboots, the keyboard went nuts too! So I assumed it was Windows Updates' fault - both are Acer brands.

I downgraded to Windows 8.1 (format and clean install), but still, the keyboard went nuts on BOTH netbooks.

Lastly I disabled Windows Update after another clean install... but still, the keyboard will not work sometimes.

Are both Netbooks experiencing hardware issues?

There is no specific keyboard drivers for both models, only chipset drivers.

Thanks.

Reactions: SHvFl

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I you find that Zemana Anti*Logger* causes problems, which it does a lot, use Zemana AntiMalware instead. There is a free, year license publicized here on MT today. Grab it!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
offer may be found at sharewareonsale.com
this is not a link, just helpful info.
(I hope it is permitted to post this info??)

EDIT: the site is called "shareware onsale"
but without a space between the words

W

Wave

offer may be found at [edited]
this is not a link, just helpful info.
(I hope it is permitted to post this info??)

EDIT: the site is called "shareware onsale"
but without a space between the words
The website is blacklisted and therefore you aren't permitted to publicly share the links here, even in PM conversations it'll be blocked - apparently due to shady behavior with handling licenses or something like this, and that doesn't surprise me really... I think the website has been blacklisted here for a long time now.

That is why it'll auto-edit out the link.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I you find that Zemana Anti*Logger* causes problems, which it does a lot, use Zemana AntiMalware instead. There is a free, year license publicized here on MT today. Grab it!
Hello!

Thanks for the offer, I have a lifetime license of Zemana AntiMalware!

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello guys!

Thanks for all your feedback,

Here's the UPDATE:

After uninstalling Zemana Antilogger (using Revo and restart), the keyboard became responsive. i almost believed the problem was gone!

So I slept...

Waking up this early morning, the keyboard went nuts again.

After around 15 mins it went fine.

After 10 minutes, became problematic again.

Maybe the keyboard went wet?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hello guys!

Thanks for all your feedback,

Here's the UPDATE:

After uninstalling Zemana Antilogger (using Revo and restart), the keyboard became responsive. i almost believed the problem was gone!

So I slept...

Waking up this early morning, the keyboard went nuts again.

After around 15 mins it went fine.

After 10 minutes, became problematic again.

Maybe the keyboard went wet?
let's hope it is just wet.

I recently had to replace my laptop keyboard, fortunately it was still under warranty. It was a Dell latitude, it is a business model, so 3 year warranty, and they fix it at your home/office. Unbelievable service. They lost plenty of money on me, with all the parts they replaced...

Reactions: Venustus and SHvFl
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.